What's new

Installation/activation of MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DoirQick

Nov 23, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 83.0
Before doing it, please turn off all anti-virus software,they affect the computer work.

skrublove

Dec 1, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 87.0.4280.66
Hi,

Move office folder in desktop, rename office folder to shomething shorter, run as administrator.

Let us knwo how it goes :)
@ThumperTM Thank you for all the help. I just found this thread very helpful. Im curious though. Why did moving the Office folder to the desktop make a difference? I was reading through and saw this guys screenshots, realized I had the same issue of not being able to run these application and the thumb nail looking odd. Why does this work lol? Thanks again thumper.

ging

Dec 1, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 86.0.4240.198
good day all ... any good minds here , to tell me where can i download an ISO FILE of Microsoft Office Plus 2016 .. my software dvd started to jumped when i tried to insrtall because of too many scratches ... any help will be appreciated .. thanks in advance

skrublove

Dec 1, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 87.0.4280.66
good day all ... any good minds here , to tell me where can i download an ISO FILE of Microsoft Office Plus 2016 .. my software dvd started to jumped when i tried to insrtall because of too many scratches ... any help will be appreciated .. thanks in advance
If you have the Product key you can sign in and download from Microsoft. Here is the link for the download. Also you can find many torrent available aswell.

chitown

Dec 9, 2019
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
Hey everyone! I had an issue after running the app for a year and a half! It started coming up with an error saying that it couldn't be updated, try restarting and try again, same thing. I did a repair to see if that would fix it. I walked away and a new installation of Office had been installed. It the started asking for the product key. I decided to uninstall office and start from scratch. But because of previous installs, it had issues between the 32 bit and 64 bit. I followed the step by step instructions on going thru the registry and cleaned out, what I thought, was everything. I just started a clean install and it errored out with "We found a problem; Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64-bit Registration". I ran the setup in the folder per instructions, do I need to run the 64-bit setup in the office folder?

chitown

Dec 9, 2019
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
Hey everyone! I had an issue after running the app for a year and a half! It started coming up with an error saying that it couldn't be updated, try restarting and try again, same thing. I did a repair to see if that would fix it. I walked away and a new installation of Office had been installed. It the started asking for the product key. I decided to uninstall office and start from scratch. But because of previous installs, it had issues between the 32 bit and 64 bit. I followed the step by step instructions on going thru the registry and cleaned out, what I thought, was everything. I just started a clean install and it errored out with "We found a problem; Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64-bit Registration". I ran the setup in the folder per instructions, do I need to run the 64-bit setup in the office folder?
Update!! Figured it out! I went into the registry and searched for every instance and deleted that key.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WonderWoman My iCloud Photos installation is on crack Windows Apps 3
J Any Windows installation failed. Windows 8 and 7 Hardware Chat and Support 1
G Installation problem Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help 4
A Windows 10 installer has no edition selection before installation? Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 9
A Problem in photoshop cc 2019 installation Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 1
DVDR_Dog Microsoft confirms installation issues in Windows 10 updates 8/19/2019 Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
MikuruX Solved Nero Burning Rom Installation Issue Windows 10 Help and Support 5
J can proceed to installation for microsoft office 2016 Windows 10 Help and Support 1
G Wondershare Installation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
S Autodata 3.45 installation problems Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 12
D AVG Internet Security Installation failure Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
V Microsoft Office 2016: MISSING INSTALLATION .TXT FILE Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 12
T Win8 Installation Error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
D How to Easily Repair Corrupted Windows 7 Installation Tutorials 1
L Windows 10 Something is overriding KMS activation Windows 10 Help and Support 1
DVDR_Dog Activation Unlock iPad 3 IOS 9.3.5 Smartphones and other Devices Chat & Support 0
M Windows 10 Microsoft office 16 activation Windows 10 Help and Support 4
L Help with Microsoft office 2016 Activation Windows 10 Help and Support 3
P Office Home & Business Activation Windows Apps 12
D Windows 10 activation types Windows 10 Help and Support 8
A Office MAC 16.19 activation [help] Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
M KMS Pico Activation Wore Off Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
X Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro Activation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 76
I Keep KMSAuto after activation & "activating" Windows accidentally Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 10
F Good Day TechTools Team :) I have an activation problem what should i do? Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
D Nero Burning ROM 2017 18.0.00800 FINAL [TechTools] "activation required" Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
R Office 2016 activation problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
E Windows 8.1 pro activation failed with KMSPico Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
I Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Activation ! Windows 10 Help and Support 135
T Win8 Activation Error Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
B Nero 12 Activation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
B windows 8 activation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
B Windows 8 activation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
R Windows 7 all versions SP1 activation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
J Please help with MS Office 2010 Activation Code using Vista Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
J Activation code for MS Office 2010 Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
E windows 7 activation Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
S MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 (Word Unlicensed Product) HELP Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 4
DVDR_Dog Microsoft no longer offers Windows 7 drivers via Windows Update Windows 8 and 7 Hardware Chat and Support 0
S Why does Microsoft Outlook not "have permission to get email", and ask me to "update my credentials", for my AOL email? Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 1
B MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016 v16.0.4266.1003 RTM Windows 10 Help and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Microsoft to end Windows 10 support on October 14th, 2025 Windows News 4
DVDR_Dog Microsoft Surface = iPad Pro? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 1
theThinker202 Microsoft AI... What is really known? Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 7
Z Can't install Microsoft Office 2016 in Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 Smartphones and other Devices Chat & Support 2
ThumperTM Microsoft, McAfee and 17 other entities unite to form Ransomware Task Force Windows News 2
A Windows 10 Microsoft Outlook issue Windows 10 Help and Support 3
ThumperTM Microsoft Says Its Systems Were Also Breached in Massive SolarWinds Hack Windows News 1
ThumperTM Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 19042.662 - here's what's new Windows News 9
ThumperTM Microsoft is once again reportedly bringing Android apps to Windows Windows News 2