What's new

Issue between Win 10 update and Google Chrome

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

kimjanee

Aug 20, 2020
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 87.0.4280.66
The only things happening at the same time were 2004 update to Windows 10 and inability to open my Google Chrome browser without re-logging in to all apps, including gmail. The Chrome account in upper right says the sync is paused. It is possible Chrome updated at the same time, but don't know which update is causing the problem.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 86.0.4240.198
Before you hit the panic button trying clearing everything out. That means first using Chrome's built-in function to clear everything, if it's a must keep passwords but cookies, etc. gotta go. Next get a program like CC (portable if you don't care to install) and clean everything else out. You might want to take a look at add-ons you have installed to Chrome, you can always uninstall them and reinstall, at least make sure they are up to date.
That should do it. I haven't had your problem under the exact same circumstances which is why I question cookies and extensions, they are the only variable I can think of.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Windows 10 Microsoft Outlook issue Windows 10 Help and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Microsoft confirms Windows 10 slow boot issue due to KB4559309 Windows 10 Help and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Microsoft Fixes Windows 10 1903 Network Issue Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 0
K Battery issue Windows 10 Help and Support 4
F Battery issue Windows 10 Help and Support 0
K patch issue Windows 10 Help and Support 6
MikuruX Solved Nero Burning Rom Installation Issue Windows 10 Help and Support 5
J Foxit Phantom - Issue with patching Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 8
NinjaKiwi My Copy of Windows Pro 10 has a little issue with the product key Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
S DAEMON Tools Pro 8.1.0.0654 - Activator Issue Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 62
A install issue on Microsoft Office 2011 14 0 0 Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
lordxellos CRM - Issue reinstalling Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
I Win XP Crack VGA Issue Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
WonderWoman Streaming laptop versus gaming laptop - what is the diff between the two Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 2
D The difference between the Windows 10 MSDN ISO and Windows 10 ISO Windows 10 Software Chat and Support 1
Q Compatibility between KMSpico 10.1.8 and Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
ThumperTM The difference between 3G and WIFI Free Pictures 0
D Difference Between Sleep and Hibernate in Windows? Tutorials 0
A How can I instal Win 10 on one partition Windows 10 Help and Support 3
C Win 10 won't recognise any mP3 players Windows 10 Help and Support 4
W EFI partition size - please help after clean install Win 10 for Multiboot Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
DVDR_Dog What's Up With Win 10 Tablets? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 8
DVDR_Dog Laptop Screen Freezing Win 10 Dual Graphics Systems Windows 10 Help and Support 7
R Best WIN 10 at the moment Windows 10 Help and Support 2
Mousewarp Win 7 Software Installer Headaches Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
DVDR_Dog Have You Installed Win 10 Optional Update KB4520062? Read This!!!!! Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software 1
DVDR_Dog Loading Windows 7 on Native Win 10 System Headache Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
D Tech Win 10 iso Windows 10 Help and Support 1
S How do I install MS Office Pro Plus 2016? It keeps trying to use Win 9 to unzip but not working... Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
O Win 10 Pro (x64) Oct,2o15 iso Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
C Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended v13 0 Portable WIN 8 problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
H Win 10 - PRO or Enterprise Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 13
S Making a bootable Win 7 DVD Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
P Make your internet faster (WIN 7,XP,Vista,) Tutorials 7
alpha1911 WinUSB Maker (Making bootable USB from Win ISO) Windows Apps 94
D Win XP Pro SP3 x86 June 2012 + Sata Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
J Win 7 Torrent Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
B Can't Install Vista, Win 7 or Win 8 on this Dell? Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
seashells Win XP Home Ed Boot Problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
britton03 Retail win 7 Loader Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2