• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Malwarebytes Browser Guard becomes the Ethics Police

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
I have been using this with Chrome since the Beta days. Loved it at first, great compliment to uBlock Orgin. Very lightweight.
WHAT HAPPENED? I had to uninstall it. It was blocking a ton of sites that I knew were a bit shady but in reality didn't pose a threat other than maybe a link to something that might be a violation of DMCA or some stupid-ass your computer has been compromised warning.
What I liked about Malwarebytes was it was a good guardian, kept me out of trouble when I wasn't as vigilant as I should have been. But now, it seems Malwarebytes has turned into the ethics police (at least their browser guard). Eff that, somebody else will be willing to step into the role Malwarebytes once filled in a hurry.
Anybody else seeing this problem?

Last edited:
WHAT HAPPENED? I had to uninstall it. It was blocking a ton of sites that I knew were a bit shady but in reality didn't pose a treat other than maybe a link to something that might be a violation of DMCA or some stupid-ass your computer has been compromised warning.

I agree, i stopped using before two months.

Thanks!

I just started using malwarebytes extension now, i will come with review within few weeks.
You are a brave person Thumper. Lately that extension was as big a pain in the butt as AVG free. It was driving me nuts.
I am a huge fan of front line protection. The best defense is a good offense. It's better to keep the crap out rather than having to clean up the damage it causes.
Going to have to look for a replacement until Malwarebytes throttles it back (I hope).

Malwarebytes has turned into a pain in the ass for me. I am not sure why they chose the direction they are on but I hope they have fun. I think they must be targeting the work from home folks and the admins are installing it in an attempt to keep their networks clear from garbage.
Too twitchy for me and no way to calm it down. It was never a front line defense for me, just kept the free version around to double check.
It's good for cleaning infected systems out and it should lessen the instances of at home workers hosing their systems. Not for me anymore. uBlock orgin and advanced versions along with webroot. I will use virus total when something is questionable.
If you haven't guessed it by now I hate security program that are constantly bothering you. Do your job and leave me alone. The fact I am safe means you are doing your job, I don't care to be reminded.

Back