• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Own an iPhone? Better Listen Up!

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Flaw in iPhones and iPads may have allowed hackers to steal data for years

:p
I better not say anything, But you know what I am thinking.

Hey I wonder if Apple will update my poor old iPad with Retina Display 4th Gen. It still has a good battery.

Last edited:
LOL, you know if they 'update' it then the speed will diminish.

My suggestion to those who must have a phone (i smashed mine a few months ago):
Get an android capable phone that you can unlock or one that is already unlocked. This means you have root access.
Install the android alternative OS on it. I'm not sure how this enables cell phone access, like making calls, signing up for service, but it is probably fairly straightforward.
The root access and using the non-google android type OS means you have the most control over the security of your phone. Personally I doubt the veracity of apple. If you do not, then you will feel comfortable using the basic apple stock OS on your phone. I suppose there must be an alternative for apple users, supposing you have an apple phone that is beyond the initial contract period, then maybe you can modify it.
I'm looking for the proper link to the 'free' alternative to android that shows you which phones are compatible.

: replicant :

:lineageOS:

there are others, but these 2 are the main. Replicant uses LineageOS as a base, so it is basically a version of lineage.

These pages will show you which devices, not just phones, are compatible with it. Meaning, full functionality, including probably all the different phone services.

so, 1. root access, means you can do anything with your phone that the devs can do, like #mrrobot.
2. alternative OS, means not tied to big tech company, not tracked, etc. (the phone company can still track you though, unless you turn off the cell access, or maybe put it in a radiation shielded bag; good idea anyway)

I wonder if the luster of the iPhone will ever wear off. Just goes to show you what a marketing genius Steve Jobs was. He may be gone but his memory lives on in this special edition iPhone. LOL
Seriously I can't think of one thing an iPhone does that a premium Android phone can't equal or exceed many times for half the price.
I have noticed the prices for Apple gear (now the watch) are slowing dropping. Maybe Apple is finally ready to be serious and enter the real consumer marketplace. With good ol' Satya (fake Steve Jobs) setting Microsoft on course for disaster there are going to be some huge deficits in consumer spending behavior. My god are we going to see cheap Apple stuff on the big box discounter's shelves?
That should send everyone scrambling. The school district in the city where (I used?) to work just handed out thousands of Chromebooks to quarantined students. I suspect Google must be giving those out at no more than cost, probably subsidised. It's a good idea to wean those kids of M/S Office at an early age and Google is quite aware of that.

thanks for sharing info about iphone users. I try to protect my phone data against hackers. Also I use download call recorder for recording scam calls from strange and new people. Plus such app can help during work or studying too.

Last edited:
Back