• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Question on Antivirus

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeswinjose

Mar 20, 2011
Dear concerned, I had the experience with AVG and Bitdefender that these software deletes all the cracks saved in the system without notifying the user. When it comes to Kaspersky, it asks the user whether to delete the file or to ignore it which is much helpful for the user to keep the cracks in the system as a backup. Is there any solution to overcome this or is there any alternative way for this situation?

Both AV's that ThumpeR mentioned are really good. I would also give ESET NOD32 a try. It's a very good AV that is very light on system resources. NOD32 only uses around 40-50 MB of RAM to run. Compared to many other AV's that bog down your system. If NOD32 does "steal" any cracks or patches it just puts them in quarantine, so you can easily restore them back :)

Dear Thumper/Pirate07, do the web root have the same nature of deleting files without notification? I had googled the best antivrus 2011(http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/) and was able to find that Bitdefender is the peoples choice. I have some applications with its crack downloaded from thumperdc in my hard disk, but i am afraied to plug it in my lap because of the fear that my antivirus(presently bitdefender and earlier AVG) may delete all the cracks I have got. Do you have a solution or a suggestion for this prblem?

Dear moderators, may i have your best opinion for me so as to settle down with one full protection for my lap. Basically I am a downloader especially movies and applications. Since you guys are professionals you might be knowing much better than me and I seek your valuable suggestions.

Webroot block any danger file and let you know for that so you can decide if you want to delete or restore :)

See result for internet security suite: http://internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/

Dear Thumper, as the link posted by you for webroot AV 2011 in hotfile is not working at the moment, could you suggest me another alternative..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back