• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

stuck at just a moment screen

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

frozensun

Jun 17, 2019
I swapped my HDD with SSD and tried to install Win 10 from USB.
All came okay until computer stuck at "just a moment screen".
I waited over an hour and nothing.
I rebooted PC but ran into even bigger problem,because I couldn't boot into BIOS,it switches immediatly to this screen after windows logo.
I turned off wifi card still nothing same issue.
Anyone had this problem and how did you resolved it?

That may be a BIOS problem since you can't access the BIOS now. Make and model of the system you are working with or the motherboard model? I run into this stuff every once and awhile. I might be able to help.

Is this a fresh download ISO 1903 from Microsoft? Two different laptops is pretty weird. The only thing that would hang you up at that screen is hardware configuration. I haven't seen that in a clean install of 1903 yet and we do a heck of a lot of them here. Dell's get kind of wacky trying to get to BIOS options when there's a problem, keyboard or mouse config I guess.

it's this version:
Windows 10 Pro X64 Redstone 5 en-US MAY 2019
Version 1809 Build 17763.475

Oh you waited over an hour huh?

Try 12 to 24 hours. Yes, windows updates ar totally garbage sometimes.

Also, try pressing F10 after POST, or reboot during the windows logo 3 times to get into automatic repair mode.

If automatic repair fails, or you're able to get into the recovery screen, choose that tiy want to recover, advanced, change startup behavior.

Once you get the good ol fashioned Safe Mode screen, try first choosing Boot using Last Known Good Configuration.

If that doesn't work, go back to the advanced, and choose Command Line.

Run sfc /scannow and checkdisk with /x [force dismount] /f [fixes any issues] /r [repairs bad sectors].

If that STILL doesn't work, try booting into Safe Mode.

Let me know what worked and how far you got.

But serious, just sit and wait a day or 2 before trying anything.

I know in business environments people are too lazy to want to wait so they usually end up buying a new computer and forgetting about the problematic one.

If you can get into safe mode, that would simply be used as a backup method. If nothing works but you can get into safe mode, just back up everything that's a personal file or things you made, then take a screen shot of your program files folder(s) so that you have a list of installed apps.

Once you're ok with your personal files, just reinstall windows.

Good luck! I'll be checking my inbox for replies.

Nope,it ain't BIOS.It happened on 2 different laptops.
Could still be the BIOS, the 1809 windows update REQUIRES a lot of motherboards to have BIOS updates.

I have a Dell e5440 and just recently they upgraded my BIOS for this update.

Check your manufacture for BIOS updates, then check YOUR BIOS version.

If there are ANY updates, even if NOT for the latest windows, upgrade your BIOS anyways, if available.

Also, if you're seeing the windows logo when trying to get into BIOS, shut down the computer fully. Dont reboot and try to get to safe mode.

ESC & F12 are good to being up boot menus, which sometimes have BIOS or Enter Setup or Configure options, which = BIOS.

F2, F10, del & backspace are all BIOS options.

If you have a Lenovo or some shit version of an HP/Acer or Toshiba or Samsung, there is an additional step or special dedicated button before you can get into BIOS.

What is your laptop model?

If not a bios issue then as Dell has issues on several upgrade/updates, recommend you insert a Bootable USB, then
turn off computer, restart and your Dell should auto see the Bootable USB and let you then upgrade/update the OS that way. hopefully you have a USB version that will allow upgrade. and yes as NickLAranda shows very good advise.

As I already stated I have done literally thousands of Windows 10 installs and never had this happen that couldn't be solved. I asked once for the make and model of your computer and you never responded.
Have you tried DOS/Linux based hardware tests? This is not something normal and your replies aren't very helpful with virtually no info to base a reply. Without knowing more I can't help you.

nothing works...
You DID NOT do everything we have been instructing you to do.

How do I know that? Because you aren't providing ANY information as to what you have tried, and what the resulting outcome was.

If you are attempting some of these fixes, you would DEFINITELY have SOMETHING to report.

"nothing works" is either spam or you're trolling.

I also suggested re-installing windows. That would have DEFINITELY worked.

I also asked you to provide some information, but you did not.

We will help you, as long as you do the things we ask.

If you can't do them your self, or you can't be bothered to do them: then go spend money somewhere.

Yes: I am frustrated. You said you have an issue, you said you need help, we are giving you help, but you aren't communicating with us on what you've done, the things we've asked for and if anything has changed.

I swapped my HDD with SSD and tried to install Win 10 from USB.
All came okay until computer stuck at "just a moment screen".
I waited over an hour and nothing.
I rebooted PC but ran into even bigger problem,because I couldn't boot into BIOS,it switches immediatly to this screen after windows logo.
I turned off wifi card still nothing same issue.
Anyone had this problem and how did you resolved it?
It might be hArd drive compatibility issue sorry not guru like you guys sometimes it happens.

agree turn off wifi and boot to Bios on a restart, depends if laptop (shutdown hold power button 3 s) remove battery, unplug, press and hold power button for 60s. Your DEAD now. plug in power cord, press on button and press F2 (or other if your bios is not on F2). this forces you into bios, then you can test verify your SSD is seen by system, if yes, then set USB as boot default, press F10 to say and exit, it should auto boot to usb if the USB is bootable. all this info should be in the Computer manual.... once you have corrected the install, then shutdown and reinstall battery.

Back