• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

What Win7 Version Is Good Enough to Run on P4 Laptop?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

araiqa

Jun 6, 2012
Hey!
I'm new to the forum. Not sure if this is the right place to post the question but I'm posting just so I can get some help from people who actually know about computers, unlike me.
I've had a dell laptop for ages now. And its still running. Its a pentium 4 laptop. Got it way way back in the day, 2006 I think. The Model is Dell XPS M140.
It originally came with windows xp. Win xp is good and all but I was looking for upgrading to Windows 7. I have already got Ubuntu 12.04 LTS running on this baby & I haven't had any complains other than no support for my iphone 4S ( yea, I am that person. With a good phone & crap laptop :$ ) The itunes software, the sn0wbreeze thing for jailbreaking just supports Windows or Mac OS.
So I wanted to know what version of windows 7 should I go with? Home Premium or Starter Edition?

Graphics Memory 512
Networking Options 802.11a/g
Screen Size Type Widescreen
Type General Purpose, Media
Weight 5.9 lb
Processor Family Intel Centrino
RAM 1 GB
Storage Capacity 50 GB
Primary Optical Drive DVD+/-RW (Plus Minus)
Screen Size 14.1 inches, 14.1 inches
Operating System MS Windows XP Media Center

Any version of windows 7 will work for you lappy but i dont suggest to install windows 7 with 1gb ram only!

anyway, you decide about it.

Latest posts

Back