• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

WiFi network not showing

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

drhack0000

Apr 29, 2021
Hello world this is my first thread and I will be most happy and grateful with I fix this issue of mine

My router is on but WiFi signal not showing up

2F8B863B-DCD2-4CD3-9251-1B4B9CB39E06.jpeg

Went to network connections still WiFi adapter not showing up

D6E59BCC-B6CC-416C-9250-7494BE5A164F.jpeg

Please any help from any expert who see this thread

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You could have ask your question at dragonforce nevertheless a simple reset should fix that (If not reply back).

Wifi Hotspot Hacker V2 - Do multiple tasks with Wifi Networks
- Deletes records of used Wifi connections

Download:

Your wifi adaptor isn't installed or it's disabled in the BIOS it looks like.
Do a Windows key + X and open device manager. See if the wifi adapter shows up in Network adaptors. If it showing up it should give you some indication of what's going on. If it's not showing and there is an unknown hardware device you need the driver for it to even be recognised by Windows.

yeah looks like your device is turned off or not installed, check device manager, if you see the device is not installed maybe it conflicting with another device, or simple gotten erased or just plain died. happens you know. if you see it with a exclamation point possible driver issue, check the device website maybe they have a new driver. but everyone responder is correct, there could be several issues. malware or virus can wipe a driver as well.
good luck.

Go to Start, and select Power > Restart. After your Surface restarts, sign in to Windows. Go to Start, and select Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi > Show available networks, and see whether your wireless network name appears in the list of available networks.

Dear friend... your problem is understood... but the information I require to assist you is insufficient.

What I mean is... "My router is on but WiFi signal not showing up" is insufficient to your specific "challenge" and poses numerous alternatives that I am not even going to BEGIN to ask... because I have been there, done that, and own the T-Shirt and the baseball cap.

Anyone "In the Know"... knows that what you are facing is specific to your ... "items"... and that ANYONE could suggest this or that and the other.

Yes... I know... sometimes I face a challenge, and the thing that frustrates me is that I do not know how to ask for a solution because I do not understand what is happening,,, and so... invariably... to ask for something that I do not understand... other than... "IT DOESN'T WORK"... invites a plethora of kind and well-intended remedies that will simply get you to chase your tail,,,

How can I ask for an answer, when I do not even understand that which I am facing... and lack the knowledge for the asking?

Moreover... regarding WiFI connections... in my experience... I have discovered that what "works" for one individual"... who posts a "100% Remedy" for this, that and the other... is simply NOT a proven remedy for others,,,

And so... you seemingly complain, "My router is on but WiFi signal not showing up"....

Are you going to be responsible to all of us, who reach out to you, and report back... or are you going to be one of those "lurkers"... who find a solution... and then DISAPPEAR?

I am just "saying"... because if I were with you... LITERALLY... where you are at... I could most likely sort out your problem in about 5 minutes of diagnosis... and after that 6 minutes ... urn to you and ask several questions about your ISP,,, and get it sorted...

WiFI connection problems are UNIQUE............. and there IS no SINGLE standard for each individual user!

Apologies, dear friend,,, but THIS IS THE WAY I SEE IT... and that is that... and I will spit in my mess kit over your seeming... "problem"... which is UNIQUE and SPECIFIC to a lot of things that I haven't time to express,,,

Hello world this is my first thread and I will be most happy and grateful with I fix this issue of mine

My router is on but WiFi signal not showing up

View attachment 5505

Went to network connections still WiFi adapter not showing up

View attachment 5506

Please any help from any expert who see this thread
sir can your internet drivers are crushed please update the win 10 software after updating problem will slove

1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
3. Now click "Manage known networks".
4. Select the WiFi connection you want to remove.
5. Click the "Forget" button.
6. After doing this, close the open windows and reboot the computer.
7. Once the computer is fully reloaded again go to "Settings".
8. Click on "Network & Security" and then click on "WiFi".
9. Now click "Manage known networks".
10. Click "Add a new network" and enter the network name.
11. Using the drop-down menu, select the "network security type".
12. Check the "Connect automatically" option.
13. Now check the "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting" option and click "Save".

Back