• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win 10 - PRO or Enterprise

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

hanz

Feb 9, 2012
Which version of WIN 10 should I use?? (I'm using Win 7 Ultimate)..

Where can I download that versions ?? (I have KMSpico 10.2.0 FINAL).

Thanx

Hanz

Hey ThumperTM...thanks for allowing me in the group...hope to learn something new....I donated $25....

If you are a small business owner or Individual with general security needs and little interest in hands-on security management, opt for Windows 10 Pro.
If you own a midsize or large business with in-house tech support, defer to your IT team. If they tell you to opt for Windows 10 Enterprise, you should request a price quote from Microsoft. If you do not have any IT support to advise you, it is highly unlikely that you require Enterprise-level security.

Admin
Apps4Rent

I've been getting certain things on and off from TBT for years and finally got to register for this site as well ... out of pure boredom and also after seeing THUMPERs username for years on TBT.. while I am downloading her stuff.. first of all, thank you thank you Thumper for not seeding/releasing malicious stuff as 99.9% of your stuff works like a champ...

Second, to answer the above question little late BUT.... Windows 10 Pro for Workstations is absolutely AMAZING! - it's fast, it's processing and computing power is amazing coupled with a good workstation... #1 most amazing feature that has caught my attention is that I abuse the hell out of my computers running ridiculous data processing and several other very intensive tasks that sometimes run day and night... uploading 80 concurrent connections over FTP and Web drive etc... for personal and for work... and I must say that ever since I’ve been utilizing 10pro for workstation, no program/software and or service has ever frozen where you just lose your unsaved data and or utilizing software that doesn’t offer autosave...

I’ve been a huge windows 7 pro user until the absolute last days before I started to get software warnings that my installed software within Win7 soon no longer going to work...lol... I liked it because of its simplicity, decent better processing/computing power than 8, ME, early Vista etc...

Ps. Not just Windows 10 Pro. that last word “Workstation” makes a huge difference...

-Nick

I have to agree Nick with one exception. Win 10 and USB. It's almost bizarre how data transfers are handled. Once you fill the buffer the speeds go in the toilet. I would imagine it's another data integrity issue for Microsoft or their over-reaction to past criticism of Win 7 and the way it handled USB. To be honest I don't know what happens, is Win 10 doing stateful packet inspection? Who knows? I can't seem to find a straight answer.

I have to agree Nick with one exception. Win 10 and USB. It's almost bizarre how data transfers are handled. Once you fill the buffer the speeds go in the toilet. I would imagine it's another data integrity issue for Microsoft or their over-reaction to past criticism of Win 7 and the way it handled USB. To be honest I don't know what happens, is Win 10 doing stateful packet inspection? Who knows? I can't seem to find a straight answer.
well thats a whole nother can of worms.. thats why i got each of my offices sonicwall.. expensive but beats everything..

well thats a whole nother can of worms.. thats why i got each of my offices sonicwall.. expensive but beats everything..
I didn't mean to get that mixed up with TCP/IP. I mean it as Windows is doing some sort of parity check on each packet. I am just guessing and have to wonder why once it starts to buffer the data it gets so slow. Maybe it pages the overflow it but all my systems have a buttload of RAM and that doesn't seem to matter. Parity checks off a hard drive would be painfully slow.

If I recall correctly, Enterprise requires you to be joined to a domain. If you are not in a domain environment, go with win Pro and I don't think you'll gain any benefit from using Windows 10 Enterprise at home.

Last edited:
Back