• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win 7 Software Installer Headaches

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Mousewarp

Dec 6, 2019
Win 7 Installer Headaches,

Some software, such as the following for example; VirtualBox-5.2.34-133893-Win, and Macrium Reflect v7.2.4557, are unable to find their own extracted files during installation. This occurs with or without antivirus running, and I have tried numerous solutions, command line Win system checks, disabling/re-enabling windoze installer, and all of the MS so called cures short of wiping the machine and starting over. This also seems to be related to the MSI installer as every app that has this issue asks for the location of an xxx.msi file, which even after manually finding same and pointing the installation to it via browsing there within the error dialog it still claims it is not there!

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and has anyone found a viable solution?

Win 7 Installer Headaches,

wiping the machine and starting over.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and has anyone found a viable solution?
^^ The only time I have encountered your problems is when Windows wasn't installed on "C" drive and it still was just a matter of pointing the installer to the file location. Sounds like a registry bug. Well anyway who knows what else might be going on. Bite the bullet now it may get a whole lot worse as time progresses. I can't think of any other permanent fix. You could try system restore to a time before the installer problem. Personally I don't trust system restore I always go for the full Monty.

For me, personally, having all the .NET frameworks and MS VC++ Redistributables installed is one factor to remove from this vexing equation. I offer this for consideration because the newer APPs won't install unless the OS has, say, Visual C++ 2010, or 2015 (etc.) installed for the installation to "read" properly.

If, when you are going through your installation process, and receive any pop-up dialogs, and were to inform us of them, and what they say, then this would be very helpful for us to mull over possible solutions.

Kind regards

Back