What's new

Win 7 Software Installer Headaches

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Mousewarp

Dec 6, 2019
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 78.0.3904.99
Win 7 Installer Headaches,

Some software, such as the following for example; VirtualBox-5.2.34-133893-Win, and Macrium Reflect v7.2.4557, are unable to find their own extracted files during installation. This occurs with or without antivirus running, and I have tried numerous solutions, command line Win system checks, disabling/re-enabling windoze installer, and all of the MS so called cures short of wiping the machine and starting over. This also seems to be related to the MSI installer as every app that has this issue asks for the location of an xxx.msi file, which even after manually finding same and pointing the installation to it via browsing there within the error dialog it still claims it is not there!

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and has anyone found a viable solution?

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 78.0.3904.108
Win 7 Installer Headaches,

wiping the machine and starting over.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and has anyone found a viable solution?
^^ The only time I have encountered your problems is when Windows wasn't installed on "C" drive and it still was just a matter of pointing the installer to the file location. Sounds like a registry bug. Well anyway who knows what else might be going on. Bite the bullet now it may get a whole lot worse as time progresses. I can't think of any other permanent fix. You could try system restore to a time before the installer problem. Personally I don't trust system restore I always go for the full Monty.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W EFI partition size - please help after clean install Win 10 for Multiboot Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 5
DVDR_Dog What's Up With Win 10 Tablets? Windows 10 Hardware Chat and Support 8
DVDR_Dog Laptop Screen Freezing Win 10 Dual Graphics Systems Windows 10 Help and Support 7
R Best WIN 10 at the moment Windows 10 Help and Support 2
DVDR_Dog Have You Installed Win 10 Optional Update KB4520062? Read This!!!!! Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software 1
DVDR_Dog Loading Windows 7 on Native Win 10 System Headache Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 2
D Tech Win 10 iso Windows 10 Help and Support 1
S How do I install MS Office Pro Plus 2016? It keeps trying to use Win 9 to unzip but not working... Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
O Win 10 Pro (x64) Oct,2o15 iso Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 0
C Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended v13 0 Portable WIN 8 problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 4
H Win 10 - PRO or Enterprise Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 3
S Making a bootable Win 7 DVD Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
P Make your internet faster (WIN 7,XP,Vista,) Tutorials 7
alpha1911 WinUSB Maker (Making bootable USB from Win ISO) Windows Apps 94
D Win XP Pro SP3 x86 June 2012 + Sata Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
I Win XP Crack VGA Issue Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
J Win 7 Torrent Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 5
B Can't Install Vista, Win 7 or Win 8 on this Dell? Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 3
seashells Win XP Home Ed Boot Problem Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
britton03 Retail win 7 Loader Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 2
th3m 10 Essential Free & open-source software (2020 Edition) Windows Apps 7
ThumperTM Vmware workstation exam cheating detected by Exam software Windows 10 Help and Support 10
C PC Tattletale - Internet Monitoring Software For Parents And Employees General Security 2
V Need special software Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
A C:\software downloads\Nero Burning ROM 2016 17.0.00700 FINAL [TechTools.NET]\Nero Burning ROM 2016 1 Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
D What's a simple movie editing software ? Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 3
A for software support Windows 8 and 7 Help and Support 1
B PS6 unknown software exception Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 0
M cant install software as administrator Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 9
ThumperTM Free Video Join/Split/Edit and Audio Rip/Strip Software Windows Apps 6
ThumperTM Subtitles Download Software Renaissance [Freeware] Windows Apps 34
Stepherd XMind - Mind Mapping Software Windows Apps 0
Stepherd oCam - Screen Recording Software Windows Apps 8
F Gaming Software Windows Apps 1
F Paragon Software Group(Free Editons)personal use only Windows Apps 1
S 30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows Windows Apps 68
J hide ip software Windows 8 and 7 Software Chat and Support 1
A Windows 10 installer has no edition selection before installation? Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation 9
NickLAranda [Freeware] Updated Method for getting Windows Installer ISO's onto a CD, DVD or USB ! Windows Apps 2
ThumperTM Snappy Driver Installer [Driver Downloader/Installer] Windows Apps 7
ethanshort Ninite: Multiple app installer and updater Windows Apps 2