• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 8

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Heya Ebs512,

I havent tried this myself yet, so can confirm it works 110% but it should be worth a shot if you havent already figured out how to do it ;)

Creating the Windows 8 Bootable USB Drive
Step 1: Download and extract WinUSB Maker on your computer. WinUSB maker is a portable application and thus does not require installation of any kind. You only need to run the .exe file.

Download WinUSB Maker from here [Freeware]:
Code:
http://www.joshcellsoftwares.com/2012/06/WinUSBMaker.html

Step 2: Run the WinUSB Maker tool with administrative privileges to start creating your bootable USB drive. (make sure you right-click on the file, and click "Run as Administrator")

Step 3: In the tool, select the option ISO image bootable disk under the Functions section. Select Normal Detection Mode and browse for the Windows 8 bootable ISO (Image file) you have already downloaded on your system.

USB-maker.png

Step 4: Finally, select the USB drive and drive MBR system (if you have a single one plugged in, it will be selected by default, if you have more than one, click on the dropdown menu and make a selection from the list) and click on the button Make it Bootable .

warning.png

That’s all, the tool will now format the USB drive and copy all the Windows installation files to it and make it bootable.

bootable-creation.png

You can now plug in the device into your system and select removable drive as your first boot selection preference in your BIOS and install Windows 8. :D

** Lemmie know how that worked out

Cheers,
Alpha1911

Hi. I was just wondering if 8 upgrades 7 pro? I would like a change but I need a "no stress" interaction between me and my pc.

Back