• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

a strange question - again

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Buster Friendly

May 5, 2022
Hello folks,

I have another strange question:

How can I prevent it to move a file out of the monitor range?

this is a request of a customer, and I can't find the answer, in no other forums.

How can I change any setting from preventing a user dragging e.g. a prompt out of the monitor range?

Does anyone has a clue about that?

Is the graphics output over scanning the display? You can't move a file off the normal panel generated by the graphics system normally. You can however move objects off the visible area of the screen. Most GPUs have a scaling setting but it varies widely between manufacturer and model.

Is the graphics output over scanning the display? You can't move a file off the normal panel generated by the graphics system normally. You can however move objects off the visible area of the screen. Most GPUs have a scaling setting but it varies widely between manufacturer and model.
The question is - can I prevent it somehow so that you CAN'T move ANY object beyond the monitor range?

THAT is my 16$-question. ;)

The question is - can I prevent it somehow so that you CAN'T move ANY object beyond the monitor range?

THAT is my 16$-question. ;)
You can't for a whole bunch of reasons, you would effect too many things globally.
Is there some reason why you don't want to fix the over scan problem? That way nothing gets cut off or lost on the display which it obviously doing now. It would eliminate the "moving out of monitor range" problem as well as other problems your user may be unaware of.

Well, there is no overscan problem.

The problem is as described above.

"for a whole bunch of reasons" is not really helpful.

Hello folks,

I have another strange question:

How can I prevent it to move a file out of the monitor range?

this is a request of a customer, and I can't find the answer, in no other forums.

How can I change any setting from preventing a user dragging e.g. a prompt out of the monitor range?

Does anyone has a clue about that?
Change shell. Instead of running native explorer.exe use a custom one. I don't know the name of one as i haven't used that trick in years. The name is lite something and allow to lock folders and files.

First thought........................................

" it"???????????????

...................... NEXT?

Back