• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!
deemix

deemix Rolling

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

th3m

VIP
Jun 24, 2020
Last edited:
Very interesting. I was unaware that such a thing existed. Some may find the documentation a little confusing but I got it to work just fine. Impressive music library.
So it appears that your program allows free users to download songs that normally those accounts cannot? It looks like you were able to modify and cobble together some basic modules that enable the downloads and wrap them up in a Windows GUI. Pretty clever piece of coding and didn't look like all that easy a job. Nice work.
Thanks for sharing.

Exactly, i was amazed also when i first used it. It needs a bit of setup at the beginning, but totally worth it in the end. You gain easy access to millions of songs.

I am glad that you tried it and thank you for your kind words

32 bit xp
Really? I tried to get to a couple of web sites today with a laptop with XP on it. I keep it around for HyperTerminal testing used network appliances.
Long story short whether I was using IE or Firefox connection was refused. The error returned was pretty much: Hey you are kidding aren't you?

It's been awhile since I commented th3m. This program rocks. It gives you access to an amazing catalog of music. Not only that you can download in some high quality formats to build your own collection. Some really obscure artists that I enjoy but are extremely hard to locate in mainstream sources.

It's been awhile since I commented th3m. This program rocks. It gives you access to an amazing catalog of music. Not only that you can download in some high quality formats to build your own collection. Some really obscure artists that I enjoy but are extremely hard to locate in mainstream sources.

It's a hidden gem. Keep noted that every 3 months you will need to update the cookie.

Also official installer came out at https://deemix.app/pyweb

I ll update the resource when i feel its needed.

OK th3m I need your help. 1st the darn thing stopped working. OK well I redid the cookie thing, etc., no workie.
Uninstalled, tried reinstalling, nuttin.
So cleaned the registry and all the good stuff no bueno.
So here's the deal, all that's in the install folder is the uninstall routine after a fresh install, nothing else.
Is this am A/V thing or has my system reached critical mass and it's time for a reload? Lord know I beat the heck out of this system.
Any clues?
Edit: Aw forget it. I am pretty sure I hosed this system with all the one-click DVD conversion programs among other bits of cracked this and that. Serves me right for bad-mouthing all those one-click wonders in the past. DVDs are going the way of those little records with the big holes (45 RPM vinyl). I really don't have to worry much about them anymore.

Last edited:
yeah probably is your setup, my version is portable and still working good.

for updating the cookie every 3 months, you need to relogin to deezer through web interface, or you can simple register a new account.

you can also try the official installer, works also good and it is up to date. I ll update the resource when my version stops working (deezer sometimes changes the code to stop the app from working) or when the official installer provides significant changes and new features.

also dont forget windows sandbox, if you have it, use it cause it is clean environment. If it works there and it doesn't on your setup, you ll know where to look.

Yeah th3m I am delaying the inevitable. This poor system is full of more crap than a Christmas turkey at this point.
I was using the Windows 10 Pro VM but somewhere along the line I messed that up with one of the cracks/patches/etc., who knows? Actually I am going to swap this HP ProDesk 600 G1 DM with a Dell Optiplex 7040m, built-in WiFi/Bluetooth no less. I am really into these teeny-tiny systems lately. They run cool b/c of outboard laptop power supplies, have a ton of power just lacking hi-pro graphics. I don't game at all so who cares? Having to rely on USB for everything is a pain, but I will get over it. I get a lot of comments about them. No one believes they're are any good, but I digress.
I pretty much thought it was me, just thought I would ask. Maybe I'll start switching over tonight. Not really that much to do to make it happen.

th3m updated deemix with a new update entry:

Updated to 2020.10.15-6eb91e4227

Changelog:

2020.10.15-6eb91e4227
  • Added start and finish generating queueItem toasts for better feedback
  • Added link context to queueItems generating errors
  • Made the --server flag work again
  • Fixed app not closing when sending termination signal
  • Fixed download errors when some data is missing
  • Fixed download of local mp3s
  • Fixed SYLT tag adding blank lines (Music players can read that as end of file)

Link...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back