website stat Installing Windows 10 | The Windows Forum
Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Welcome to TheWindowsForum

Since 2010 — Over 15 years of helping Windows users worldwide.

Join thousands of Windows enthusiasts & IT pros. Ask questions, share tips, download resources, and connect with the community — free and always friendly.

  • Post & reply in threads
  • Private message other members
  • Access exclusive guides & downloads
  • NO ADS for registered users

Installing Windows 10

Tatoc

Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
5
I want to install windows 10 on a Dell Dimension E510. The problem I have is that I have windows 10 on disk but the disk player on this computer is not working. So my question is can I transfer the Windows files to a USB drive and install it from that drive? If that is possible, how can I get this computer to start from a USB drive?
 
I know my question was kind of stupid. But this is the first time that I had to use a USB Drive to install an operating system on a computer. I had always been able to do it using a disk drive. You answer did help. Thank you.
 
I know my question was kind of stupid. But this is the first time that I had to use a USB Drive to install an operating system on a computer. I had always been able to do it using a disk drive. You answer did help. Thank you.
Hey everyone here including myself have asked that question or something similar, now you know. Glad I could help.
 
Yes, you can install it from the USB drive by making the USB drive bootable using Rufus software.

The other way is to make a bootable DVD using Nero or some other software.

Note: Do not forget to change the boot order in BIOS.
 
Hello! Please my office 2016 keeps giving me an error language when ever I tried loading it. I uninstalled and tried to install it again but it refuses to install then displays an error code. How do I go about this?
 
I want to install windows 10 on a Dell Dimension E510. The problem I have is that I have windows 10 on disk but the disk player on this computer is not working. So my question is can I transfer the Windows files to a USB drive and install it from that drive? If that is possible, how can I get this computer to start from a USB drive?
Download a iso, plug the usb and burn with rufus.
 
Download a iso, plug the usb and burn with rufus.
On many laptops, or PC's, we select the options F12, Del, or F2 when the boot starts to select the boot option from the boot menu.
 

Support TheWindowsForum

Help us stay ad-free and keep the community running

Donate Now

Trending content

Back
Top