Is Windows Defender Your Primary A/V?

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 75.0.3770.142
You might want to have a look at this article if Windows Defender is your primary A/V in Windows 10.

Reactions: ThumperTM

DVDR_Dog

Donator
Nov 5, 2018
OS
iOS
BR
Chrome Mobile 75.0.3770.103
I don’t want to give users here the idea that there is something wrong with Win 10 Defender. I used it for some time backed by other secondary security programs. Defender is suffering from being popular and it’s a good target right now.
I left Defender for WebRoot only after trying out a whole bunch of A/V programs and getting really tired of all the false positives. Defender is a good choice, best freebie available now.

NickLAranda

Nov 6, 2018
California, USA
OS
Android
BR
Chrome Mobile 76.0.3809.89
How do I get infected with this?

This is awesome! It disables everything I usually do by hand and it takes forever and I don't have any re-arm scripts like this thing does.

This is good for performance chasers such as my.

I'd like someone to find the reversed engineered samples, extract the things that disable windows defender and toss the rest of the credential sniffing code out.

jamvaru

Jun 23, 2012
OS
Windows 10
BR
Edge 18.17763
i like comodo
most of the others i've tried hype their payware too much
and they also seem to be gimped by 'material design' or touchphone design maybe
like made for children or by children

Snuffy

Dec 10, 2011
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 70.0
Windows Defender is all i use... plus several Restoreable Images by @least 3 different Backup programs. of which all 3 use different (LOCK) to assist in preventing them being trashed...