• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Is Windows Defender Your Primary A/V?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
You might want to have a look at this article if Windows Defender is your primary A/V in Windows 10.

I don’t want to give users here the idea that there is something wrong with Win 10 Defender. I used it for some time backed by other secondary security programs. Defender is suffering from being popular and it’s a good target right now.
I left Defender for WebRoot only after trying out a whole bunch of A/V programs and getting really tired of all the false positives. Defender is a good choice, best freebie available now.

How do I get infected with this?

This is awesome! It disables everything I usually do by hand and it takes forever and I don't have any re-arm scripts like this thing does.

This is good for performance chasers such as my.

I'd like someone to find the reversed engineered samples, extract the things that disable windows defender and toss the rest of the credential sniffing code out.

i like comodo
most of the others i've tried hype their payware too much
and they also seem to be gimped by 'material design' or touchphone design maybe
like made for children or by children

Windows Defender is all i use... plus several Restoreable Images by @least 3 different Backup programs. of which all 3 use different (LOCK) to assist in preventing them being trashed...

Back