• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win10 1903 install Questions

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DandaMan

Sep 7, 2019
Hi!

Just a couple of questions regarding the install process cause I´ve never done it before. I want to install your Win 10 1903 but the desk top I have are blank so were wondering if? I´m a noob.

I´ve read the "read me" file but don´t get it so.

1. do I need Deamon or something like that to mount it and how do I do that on a "empty computer?

2. Do I put the "OnlineKMS.rar" file on the boot USB?

3. Any tips for a noob?

Best regards and thanks in advance if someone would take the time:)

Hi,

An easy way to learn a bit more on this topic is to look in Youtube: how to install windows 10.
Lots of good explanation there.

From another Windows 10 computer, you can create a bootable DVD with this tool:
Windows Media Creation Tool.
This will create an .iso file, that you can then burn onto a DVD.
This DVD is bootable, it means once you have put it in the dvd-player, and after that, restart your PC, highly likely you have to press any key on the keyboard, and the dvd starts to run and install windows 10.
If it doesn't do that, make sure to check the boot-order in the bios, set the dvd player on the first place. (above the hard-drive)

Skip to fill in the Windows installation code. After Windows has been installed install the KMS.rar file. (maybe free winzip is needed). After that install a virus scanner and make an exeption for the KMS.exe file in the virus scanner, or it will be deleted)

I have been using KMS activators for a long time, but in my country (NL) we can buy online officially legal codes for Windows. ( they buy and sell legal codes nowadays) Windows 10 Pro cost me E 19,95 . No risk of a virus to begin with, and I could install windows in all kind of languages.

But it is good for testing and playing with the KMS activator, just to know how things work, but for a few euros you have a legal version with less headache. Success with it. :)

Hi,

An easy way to learn a bit more on this topic is to look in Youtube: how to install windows 10.

This DVD is bootable, it means once you have put it in the dvd-player, and after that, restart your PC, highly likely you have to press any key on the keyboard, and the dvd starts to run and install windows 10.
If it doesn't do that, make sure to check the boot-order in the bios, set the dvd player on the first place. (above the hard-drive)

Skip to fill in the Windows installation code. After Windows has been installed install the KMS.rar file. (maybe free winzip is needed). After that install a virus scanner and make an exeption for the KMS.exe file in the virus scanner, or it will be deleted)

I have been using KMS activators for a long time, but in my country (NL) we can buy online officially legal codes for Windows. ( they buy and sell legal codes nowadays) Windows 10 Pro cost me E 19,95 . No risk of a virus to begin with, and I could install windows in all kind of languages.

But it is good for testing and playing with the KMS activator, just to know how things work, but for a few euros you have a legal version with less headache. Success with it. :)

Very good explanation, thank you!

Hi,

Much obliged, my sincere thanks:)

Hi,

Hi again!

I used an USB and it installed but have not asked for KSM code yet. My question is do I install Daemon and then mount the KSM iso file?

Sorry for bothering you again with this.

Hi,

Most of the time I have burnt the .iso file on a dvd.
(Reason for this is that sometimes virus scanners will delete crack files. )
So indeed, you need to install a program to mount the .iso file and run it from there.

I just read that Windows 10 has the possibility to mount .iso files.
After you installed W10, right click on the .iso file and open it with explorer. ( you will see the files inside the .iso file) If you see a setup file, double click on it and it should open.

(I thought that KSM.exe files are the one that needs to be installed. I don't know why yours is an .iso file.
Can't you browse the internet for a .exe file? Or get a copy on tpb that has this file included and run automatically?)

Nice testing anyway, very good learning curve ;)

If you go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISO on a PC with windows already installed and put windows 10 onto a 8GB USB then google “Thepiratebay proxy list and download the application torrent called KMSpico so you can connect to the internet and run KMSpico after you install Windows 10 from the USB you created it will activate windows as a genuine Activation key. If you run into any problems, need help or get stuck let me know and I will help all I can.

If you go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISO on a PC with windows already installed and put windows 10 onto a 8GB USB then google “Thepiratebay proxy list and download the application torrent called KMSpico so you can connect to the internet and run KMSpico after you install Windows 10 from the USB you created it will activate windows as a genuine Activation key. If you run into any problems, need help or get stuck let me know and I will help all I can.
Keep in mind that app can make your A/V program go bonkers so disable it when moving it around on the computer you used to download it. Otherwise it may go poof and you will be back here asking all kinds of questions. Don't forget Win 10 installs it's own A/V program "Windows Defender" with a fresh install so disable that on your new Windows installation. I never had to use that app so I am guessing but that's based on our user's past history here.

It is not that hard,everyone's advice is the same,you can download and install Windows 10 from Microsoft,as well as you can also use Windows 10 installation media tool.
Someone suggested downloading Windows iso file and burning it to a drive to as Windows bootable drive,it is a good idea.

Last edited:
i lost my official windows 10 usb at one point and recently had to re-install windows after changing out the motherboard
So I used the official Windows app to make a bootable USB install drive before removing the motherboard and building the new computer. And I deactivated the key as well. But, the drive I used was a cheap usb enclosure that was pretending to be usb 3 but really only works as usb 2, so the install didn't work.
So, now I had no install medium and no Windows to make a fresh one. I was able to download the .iso and tried various methods, even ordering some DL DVD's as the .iso is just a little too big for a DVD disc, of course. One site suggested that you could simply mount the .iso and copy the files straight over to the USB device. I tried this but it took too long. Perhaps I had not yet discovered my cheap enclosure was faulty. At any rate, I finally asked my roommate to do it for me using his Windows computer and that was when I decided the USB enclosure was faulty. It had a good SSD inside. I tried using the enclosure as USB 2.0 and it works ok. But a different USB 3.0 was available so I just did that, a regular 'stick' that was good enough. BAck in business.
So, i guess i really only said all that to say this: forget about the 'pirated' versions or whatever you are talking about. You can goof around with it but you might as well just buy Windows. You get a 'lifetime' license, if you do retail anyway. I moved my windows from one 'computer'/motherboard to another without a problem, really, except for my lame USB ssd enclosure.
The pirate versions, even using the official .iso, are broken and designed to fail, unless you have a real 'key'. I've goofed around with that junk enough to know. Basically Windows is a fairly bland program, except for their security features. They have the thing locked up so it runs like a beotch if you don't have a real key.
So, good luck.
Maybe it will work out great for you.
But really, it is pretty dam easy and actually rather good if you just buy it. You can get an official MS Windows usb drive. Don't lose it though, or you will have to make a new one. They don't offer any replacements, even for money. I tried that also.

I'm pretty sure you still get the 30 day free trial if you just install the official .iso download from MS.

You can burn to a DL DVD or have someone with Windows make a USB for you.

Just a word to the wise when you have installed a pirated program on your system. Be sure to check for open TCP ports. Most stuff is clean but a few stinkers sneak in now and then sometimes a repack of a legit crack.
If you don't know much about that, it's time to learn.
As they say "If you play with fire you are going to get burned". Just keep that in mind. It's not all fun and games, you really need to know what you're doing and be vigilant on any system you install this stuff on. You should never have to think twice about wiping your drive and starting with a fresh install. Many users who use this stuff either use a virtual machine for a while testing the software. Others keep at least a hard drive around with a fresh Windows install that they have mirrored if they need to clean things up quickly. All my Windows installs are legit. It at least gives me a solid foundation.
You don't have to be the first to try software and be sure to read the downloader's comments if there are any.

Just a friendly safety reminder from your old pal Dog.
Peace.

Many Pirate ISOs are made from Honest Pirates, and almost all of them come to a KEY needed part just like MS
simply tell it NO I do not have a KEY. The ISO then looks for a (1) key in the BIOS, if none (2) it looks for a Generic Key as listed in the Products.ini, and will use that key to install. (Install but Not Activate). You can then use many good Programs to Activate Windows 10 (I prefer KMS38). and further, I recommend you use RUFUS to burn the ISO to USB.
So I used the official Windows app to make a bootable USB install drive before removing the motherboard and building the new computer. And I deactivated the key as well. But, the drive I used was a cheap usb enclosure that was pretending to be usb 3 but really only works as usb 2, so the install didn't work.
it seems to me the Drive has nothing to do with install didn't work. I would be that you failed to insure the BURN was proper. USB 2 or USB 3 they should work.... makes no difference... while a USB 1.0 does have issues in a USB 3.x port.

If your computer boots to the USB then it is not the USB.... SINCE your Computer - BIOS and Motherboard did see and boot to. It also is very common for SLOW USBs to take a long time to complete Install. I have seen many take upto 3 hours.... so I offer (boot to USB - change to Command Prompt - us the following command to install.
You will need to change the drive letter to reflect you proper Drive letter.
usually Boot to USB the drive letter is X:
Dism /apply-image /imagefile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\
then the reboot searches BIOS for proper HDD/SSD setting and set all partitions as proper sequence and Drive letter. then sets BCD for you and continues to SETUP Windows 10. PS: this method will NEVER ASK for a KEY-Product # - Serial.

nah, the usb enclosure doesn't work as usb3, as it specified, basically cheap junk probably chinese, sorry china, but you know it
i tried using it to install linux as well, it just doesn't work in the usb 3 slot but works in the usb2 slot just fine

Here are the steps I used to install Windows 10.
Download Windows 10 iso and burned it to an empty USB for getting a Windows installation disk.
Then plugged it into computer to install Windows 10.
Here is a guide so that you can install Windows 10.

Last edited:
Hi,

Most of the time I have burnt the .iso file on a dvd.
(Reason for this is that sometimes virus scanners will delete crack files. )
So indeed, you need to install a program to mount the .iso file and run it from there.

I just read that Windows 10 has the possibility to mount .iso files.
After you installed W10, right click on the .iso file and open it with explorer. ( you will see the files inside the .iso file) If you see a setup file, double click on it and it should open.

(I thought that KSM.exe files are the one that needs to be installed. I don't know why yours is an .iso file.
Can't you browse the internet for a .exe file? Or get a copy on tpb that has this file included and run automatically?)

Nice testing anyway, very good learning curve ;)
I burned the.iso file to an USB to make a Windows installation disk.
Installing Windows 10 with a installation disk is very simple. Just insert the disk into the computer, and then reboot the computer. I see that some detailed steps have been listed above.

I have to install or supervise install of Windows 10 on a variety of platforms. The Legacy/UEFI install choices can be quite a mess. These days it seems the OEM's are allowed to "customise" the BIOS as they see fit. What this means to an install is there really are no hard and fast rules in the latest systems.
All I can tell you is I have started to get a feel for it and if all else fails it's off to google to find out the solutions other users have figured out. As I said there seems to be no rules. Many times the OEM's modify the BIOS and their machine will only load their version of recovery media.
You can ask here if you are having difficulties. I have by trial and error had some experiences I don't mind sharing.
Downloading the ISO from M/S and loading it to a USB flash drive or burning a DVD seems to be the most universal answer but not always.

Please ignore all of tolikkk's posts and do not follow any links provided.

Back