• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Win10 Pro Sandbox - How to Activate (not enable)

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

WonderWoman

Jan 22, 2016
Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro and would like to start experimenting with virtual environments and would like to start with Sandbox which is built into Windows 10 Pro. I launched it for the first time the other day and found out that it is not activated. I have done some cursory research online that has thus far yielded the results that it is primarily used as a basic temporary testing "one off" testing environment aimed at verifying a file of application is safe not a long term virtual environment. I want to do a deeper dive at my research than just cursory research before just accepting this. My goal is to see if there is any way to permanently activate Sandbox for permanent usage as a virtual machine. Can anyone provide me with deeper incites to Sandobx with the aim or goal at permanently activating and building multiple VMs? I am in computer certification school and that would be most helpful.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

Windows Sandbox is a temporary testing environment as you said, what you really need for your case and you should look into it, is Hyper-V.

Merry Christmas

Windows Sandbox is a temporary testing environment as you said, what you really need for your case and you should look into it, is Hyper-V.

Merry Christmas
Hello,

I suspected as muc, but is there any way to permanently activate it seeing as how I am the owner of the Win 10 Pro license? And can you please explain the Hyper-v you mentioned? I am in computer cert school and not yet familiar with that.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas
would love to know, if hyper v is my solution too.....but Im not in computer school. Im just an middle aged man. rofl

S
I use Oracle VM Virtualbox. It is completely free and lets you install many operating systems.
so, there is no possibility, to just hv a safe environment inside my existing OS? installing an OS first sounds too much for my application tbh.

I will test it now for convenience.

I've never used Sandbox so I really don't know how it operates or what its capabilities are. For me VM Box is ideal. I use Linux sometimes and being able to have it and Windows running at the same time is much better than creating a dual boot system.

Back