• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows XP Professional SP3 2013/2014/2015 [Support]

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

After i installed using a boot usb stick. I get the message "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and the click OK." What do i do?

Poisonous_Nuke said:
After i installed using a boot usb stick. I get the message "The file 'asms' on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and the click OK." What do i do?

Hi, Please check this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/311755

Hello, thank you for the awesome upload.

I'm trying to install it from Ubuntu for dual boot purposes, using a USB boot device, but I guess it couldn't even burn into the flashdrive correctly... Any piece of advice for Linux users??

Thanks a lot!!

Hello! When I try to boot into the ISO, I get a BSOD (0x0000007B or something like that) on my good ol Dell GX280. I don't seem to know why this happens?

Hello. Firstly I think this is brilliant. Thanks for making it and showing me that this is possible!
I've been trying to make one of my own. Please can you let me know how you captured this and then saved it as an ISO. I've installed all my apps and configured it nice, now i'm ready to sysprep but i'm really lost on the next part.
Please can you help me with it, send me a link or IM.
Thanks. and Thumper you're very pretty!

Hi,

After burning the ISO on a CD and installed it, this status message keeps popping up -

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available.
Insert the 'Status' disk and click OK.

What do i need to do to remove this? When I click 'OK' is just goes back to that message as if it's not reading the CD which is still in the drive.

In addition, when I click cancel i get this message -

An installation package for the product Status cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'status.msi'

Please help.

If I install Windows XP Professional SP3 2013/2014/2015 [Support] to a partition of a dual boot system will the dual boot menu be preserved? The partition I want to overwrite currently has a corrupted version of Windows on it.

Sorry I meant install the ISO Windows XP Professional SP3 2015 with Sata. The other partion contains Ubuntu and when this was installed it set up the dual boot system and the default is to start ubuntu unless you choose otherwise at the start. Presumably the dual boot just redirects to the other partition and boots Windows from there?

says a1y52ven.sys is missing during setup and cannot continue. I googled it and the sys file doesn't come up anywhere

ThumperTM said:
xpdude69 said:
i can't get past the product key. no codes work :( help please

Hi,

Belove keys has been tested and works 100%!

[hidden]MR49R-DRJXX-M6PX2-V96BF-8CKBJ
DFYXB-8FR68-FK2DX-Y2RDR-M4C6M
CD87T-HFP4C-V7X7H-8VY68-W7D7M
C4FPJ-HQCGP-QD3XC-2JF34-FT8Y6[/hidden]

None of these codes currently work. Any help to get past the product key part of this installation?

Back