• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows XP Professional SP3 2013/2014/2015 [Support]

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

I just downloaded this ISO, however I had a question, could i set spanish as a default languaje after the instalation is completed??

Hello all,

Recently I tried burning the iso to a DVD and adjusting bios to boot from disc but every time I try to restart the computer and boot the OS I get the following message:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this appears again, follow these steps.

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any new installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is property configures and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0xF78DA52R, 0XC000004, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)"

Anyone know what could be causing this? Do I have to format the SSD something? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Cy

ThumperTM said:
Please try with usb stick. If you dont know how to use USB let me know.

Tried with USB and went to boot up but got nothing but a black screen. I don't know what the deal is? Should i have burned the iso to the USB in FAT32 or FAT instead of NTFS or something? Please help, getting tired of this.

This is the procedure I followed to burn the iso to USB.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/file-folder/fl/burn-iso-usb.htm

Thanks,
Cy

On a second thought, it doesn't even let me burn it on the USB in FAT or FAT32. I don't know, please help...

Okay, so I used another iso to usb burner and I managed to burn the iso to USB in FAT32 format but instead of the blank black screen I got this error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file."

What gives? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Cy

Cyclic123 said:
Okay, so I used another iso to usb burner and I managed to burn the iso to USB in FAT32 format but instead of the blank black screen I got this error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file."

What gives? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Cy

Hi,

https://www.winhelp.info/windows/create-bootable-windows-installation-media-on-a-usb-stick/

No luck, followed the link you provided to the T. Same black screen with a blinking underscore. I really don't know what I can be doing wrong? Really hope i could get this up and running by Tuesday. Appreciate the support.

Regards,
Cy

Cyclic123 said:
No luck, followed the link you provided to the T. Same black screen with a blinking underscore. I really don't know what I can be doing wrong? Really hope i could get this up and running by Tuesday. Appreciate the support.

Regards,
Cy

Hi,

This problem may occur if one of the following problems occurs.

Problem 1
You have a bad partition or a bad boot record.

Problem 2
A file system or disk corruption causes the primary boot record, the Hal.dll file, or the Ntoskrnl.exe file to become damaged.

Problem 3
The Hal.dll and the Ntoskrnl.exe files are mismatched.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/945380

Thumper

By a bad partition or boot record do they mean USB drive? Should I go buy and try with a new USB?
Running out of ideas here. lol

But it's not booting off the hard drive, in bios I have all other booting option disabled. I bet I can even disconnect both the SSD and HDD and I would still get the same thing, but If you thinks that's what's going on i'll do it first thing tomorrow, it's getting kind of late over here. IMO it's got to be something wrong with the USB for it not be able to boot off it.

Cyclic123 said:
But it's not booting off the hard drive, in bios I have all other booting option disabled. I bet I can even disconnect both the SSD and HDD and I would still get the same thing, but If you thinks that's what's going on i'll do it first thing tomorrow, it's getting kind of late over here. IMO it's got to be something wrong with the USB for it not be able to boot off it.

Google error code you see, there are ton of posts (include video) how to fix it.

Good luck.

Will do, thanks for the help. I'll let you know when/if I ever do succeed and what I had to do for future reference.

Regards,
Cy

How do we install sata drivers if we're using a netbook (yes, made bootable via unetbootin or rufus)? Do we need to look for the sata drivers when we're prompted to press F6 at the beginning of the installation or are they preloaded ? Thanks for your time

plz tell name of software make ubs bootable (working software).i downlord many software but its demo tell only one that works thanx

chetangoel said:
plz tell name of software make ubs bootable (working software).i downlord many software but its demo tell only one that works thanx

Hi,

You can use rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

;)

I am having trouble installing this on a PC that already was running windows XP....

First off- I did something really stupid and rather than burning to a CD I just mounted the iso to a virtual drive and began the installation...

Installer started up just fine.
'Please enter serial #...' tried the first one from this thread and it worked and it began installing

It said estimated time was 52 minutes so I went into the other room. When I came back about 30 minutes later I realized the PC was still running but it wasn't sending a signal to the monitor.

I restarted the pc and it brought me to MS Dos style blue screen with Windows Setup in the upper left corner.
"please insert windows xp disk'

That's when i realized I f'd up. so I quickly burnt a disk with my laptop and put it in the pc and setup began copying files...Now here is my problem

message says 'Cannot copy file **********' for multiple files, Enter to retry, Esc to quit, F3 to exit setup

after i skip 3 of the files the system crashes and I get the blue screen of death and have to restart the PC.

I have tried everything!! every option it gives me; Repair, Safe Mode, Skip, Canceling, Retrying etc... nothing helps any suggestions??

Back