• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Adobe Acrobat DC

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hornetzero

Jul 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
I'm having problems installing Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2019.010.20098 from ThumperDC on my Windows 7 system, namely the part where I'm required to Install AcrobatDCUpd1901020098.msp. I keep getting the error:

“The upgrade patch cannot be installed the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have correct upgrade patch.”

ThumperDC advised in the readme file to take this here or at www.Tech-Tools.ME, but I can't access that website so I'm asking for help here.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thank you
Hornetzero

Try disabling the antivirus before installing any cracked software.
If that doesn't work run the installer and only after installing the program apply the patch.
Just to add as a general rule ALWAYS do a hard disconnect from the Internet, that means either unplug the network cable or disable your wireless hardware (or use the hardware on/off switch if you laptop has one).
The installer will let you know if you need access at some point. Not only does this insure a successful install, if your install had a payload it prevents an infection from immediately calling home and possibly making things way worse.

Hi,

This is regarding Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063 FULL [www.TheWindowsForum.com] by ThumperDC.

I installed it following the steps listed out in the README and even applied the patch, but I had to sign into an Adobe account to even get to preferences to uncheck the updater option.

Now it shows me on a 7 day trial.

How do I fix this?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick pointer to the thread posted above.

Just a question though.

One of the finals steps goes like this:

8. open adobe acrobat dc, and go to

edit
preferences
updater

un-check automatic updates.

Now to do that you would need to sign up/sign in to an Adobe Account before you're able to open the preferences tab. Wouldn't going online at that point kill the patch?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick pointer to the thread posted above.

Just a question though.

One of the finals steps goes like this:

8. open adobe acrobat dc, and go to

edit
preferences
updater

un-check automatic updates.

Now to do that you would need to sign up/sign in to an Adobe Account before you're able to open the preferences tab. Wouldn't going online at that point kill the patch?

Disable internet connection, then turn off automatic updates.

Did all that as instructed in the thread you had referred to me. Still didn't work :(
My net connection was disabled when I launched Acrobat after patching it with the painter file. The screen message showed that I was offline and could not be verified for activation, and then it reverted to a 7 day trial.

Back