• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Dell Latitude 5175 2 in ones

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
Just looking at a load of those we got in. Holy cow they all have mangled screens! I guess you just can't replace the glass. The whole darn thing needs to be unscrewed from the frame holding the LCD and digitizer. $70 and all that work. I would hate to think what the labor charges would be. Even if it's just for the cost of the parts I am trying to decide if it's worth it. I am still trying to figure out how all these screens became so mangled.
Kind of a dog when compared to it's peers:

Just looking at a load of those we got in. Holy cow they all have mangled screens! I guess you just can't replace the glass. The whole darn thing needs to be unscrewed from the frame holding the LCD and digitizer. $70 and all that work. I would hate to think what the labor charges would be. Even if it's just for the cost of the parts I am trying to decide if it's worth it. I am still trying to figure out how all these screens became so mangled.
Kind of a dog when compared to it's peers:

I had order a battery for Dell Latitude 5175 before for $45, never had issue screen.

You know the only Windows tablet I decided to keep was an Acer Switch 10 tablet. You know how I feel about Acer so it must be pretty good for me to hang on to it. I am not going to sing the praises of it but it does get the job done as well or better than
any other Win 10 tablet.
That being said, let's be honest. Apple figured this whole market out far better than anyone else. There's iPads and then everything else. I have 2 and they are my go to's when I need to get on the net to read something. I wouldn't know about gaming but folks who do those stupid online games seem to love them. Just my observations, no facts but Apple does own that market.
Now if someone could explain those earphones or whatever i thing they call them. $200 seems like a lot.

Back