• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

MICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

grimspecter said:
Please help. I'm trying to use the activator KMS Host service is installed, everything says successful but the key says its expired. i can't get the activator to work for me, the instructions don't really help me. In the textbox it says Activation failed with exception code 0x8000ffff. What does that mean?!

Hi,
With mine, I found the copy of MSO was actually retail. I needed to run Convert MSO retail > VL and then do the activation. Did you run KMS as admin? :crazy:
KMS seems to be treating Windows 10 Pro x64 & MSO 2016 VL Plus as evaluation versions that are reactivated every so many days.

Hi all,

I successfully installed and activated MSO 2016 last September. Then after 9 months to the day, I got a notification saying that my activation failed. Has this happened to anyone else? I uninstalled, and then reinstalled and reactivated. I also used the advice in the post below. I am active again, with fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

- QD
ThumperTM said:
If you are having trouble installing this on windows 10 - it seems Microsoft is putting in checks to stop installations of pirated software. This is what I did to get it to work:

- change the name of the directories with your setup files so it doesn't contain anything about activation, version numbers etc.

-delete all readme files related to the torrent or crack

- move the crack out of the folder with the install files and into its own folder somewhere else.

My file structure looked like this:

C:Users[user]DownloadsMICROSOFT Office PRO Plus 2016setup.exe

C:Users[user]DownloadsOffice 2016 akvtrKMSAuto Net.exe

Notice none of the directories say anything about "activator" and the KMSAuto program is in a different directory.

Fix by tlike355

After 4 or 5 unsuccessful tries this is how I managed to do it:
System: Win 10 Home 64; No AV, AntiMalware etc. except Windows Defender

1 - Uninstall the previous, unsuccessful install. If you have other office related stuff in the list you see in the "uninstall or change a program" window uninstall them too.
2 - Restart your PC.
3 - Stay online but deactivate "real-time protection" from windows defender settings. (If you have other AV etc. deactivate them too)
4 - Create 3 new folders with random names.
Cut&paste "KMSautonet...exe" file into one of them and rename it, make sure its name doesn't resemble a crack-file's name.
Cut&paste all the read.me files into the second folder you've created.
Cut&paste all the other files into the third folder.
Delete the original folder.
5 - There are 3 different setup.exe files in the folder. Run setup64.exe (AS ADMINISTRATOR) if your system is 64bit .
6 - After the installation ends close the related window.
7 - Open Word by double-clicking on WINWORD.EXE which you can find here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
8 - Just close or accept whatever window opens on Word's splash screen. Don't try to open a document.
9 - Close Word.
10 - Run the KMS activator file AS ADMINISTRATOR whose name you changed .
11 - If a warning pops up that says something like "Convert Office Retail -> VL" choose OK. Choose the related option in the following window that opens automatically; wait couple of seconds.
12 - Now you must see the KMS AutoNET2015 v1.3.8 main window. Click on "Activate Office".
13 - Wait like a minute or so until you see the auto-scrolling log stops. It finishes by a line telling the process was successful.
14 - Now you have to able to open Word without problems.

someanon said:
After 4 or 5 unsuccessful tries this is how I managed to do it:
System: Win 10 Home 64; No AV, AntiMalware etc. except Windows Defender

1 - Uninstall the previous, unsuccessful install. If you have other office related stuff in the list you see in the "uninstall or change a program" window uninstall them too.
2 - Restart your PC.
3 - Stay online but deactivate "real-time protection" from windows defender settings. (If you have other AV etc. deactivate them too)
4 - Create 3 new folders with random names.
Cut&paste "KMSautonet...exe" file into one of them and rename it, make sure its name doesn't resemble a crack-file's name.
Cut&paste all the read.me files into the second folder you've created.
Cut&paste all the other files into the third folder.
Delete the original folder.
5 - There are 3 different setup.exe files in the folder. Run setup64.exe (AS ADMINISTRATOR) if your system is 64bit .
6 - After the installation ends close the related window.
7 - Open Word by double-clicking on WINWORD.EXE which you can find here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
8 - Just close or accept whatever window opens on Word's splash screen. Don't try to open a document.
9 - Close Word.
10 - Run the KMS activator file AS ADMINISTRATOR whose name you changed .
11 - If a warning pops up that says something like "Convert Office Retail -> VL" choose OK. Choose the related option in the following window that opens automatically; wait couple of seconds.
12 - Now you must see the KMS AutoNET2015 v1.3.8 main window. Click on "Activate Office".
13 - Wait like a minute or so until you see the auto-scrolling log stops. It finishes by a line telling the process was successful.
14 - Now you have to able to open Word without problems.

Thank you for taking time to write this post ;)

Have no idea how to install this. The readme is not helpful at all...which installer should I use? How to activate it?

i downloaded this today and it seems to be working but it downloaded everything. first off, i was wondering if there is any way to convert it to the retail version
and 2 is there a way to only install certain ones. i only need word, and pp, and excel

SNDP333 said:
Hey, what is patch file.? with what name it is saved ??? Iam getting message/error to activate. Please help.! Thanks in advance.
I have the same problem, please anaybody can help?
Thanks!

it was working for me for a month and now its suddenly stopped. i've read tru all these pages, none of the solutions worked for me.
i dunno how to fix this?
i tried ALL of these :S

P.S.Its back to "product activation failed"

please send me the product key for microsoft office pro plus 2016 v16.0 4266.1003 RTM Activator.

I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

ok, i just joined because Ive got the MS Office Pro 2016 installed and working but it says activate before 28-Aug-2017. what is the cracked key to activate it?

Back