• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Urgent advice require

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

amn

Aug 8, 2019
Converted mbr to gpt using Windows 10 mbr2gpt tool through cmd in legacy bios supported UEFI boot too but after restart unable to boot, just stuck to boot menu, how to fix it

Do you have Windows Boot Manager entered/enabled in the boot order in the BIOS?

clean install only option, backup important data, clean disk and then convert through cmd

UEFI is a poorly implemented standard at best. Those early machines BIOS were rather sketchy and given your options it's sounds that is what you are dealing with. Do what I and many respected System Admins do. Go for a legacy format/install. It sounds like you may have screwed the pooch so to speak and at best the only cure a patch job is the only fix which will probably bite back in the future.

Reactions: amn
UEFI is a poorly implemented standard at best. Those early machines BIOS were rather sketchy and given your options it's sounds that is what you are dealing with. Do what I and many respected System Admins do. Go for a legacy format/install. It sounds like you may have screwed the pooch so to speak and at best the only cure a patch job is the only fix which will probably bite back in the future.
done

Great! Chalk it up to a learning experience. You never know what is going to happen unless you try. I have made some huge mistakes in the past. Now you know. It wasn't all that painful was it?

Back