What's new
  • Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

VPN provider bans BitTorrent after getting sued by film studios

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 50.000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 99.0.4844.51

TorGuard VPN to block torrents using firewall.​

TorGuard will "use commercially reasonable efforts to block BitTorrent traffic on its servers in the United States using firewall technology," reveal the documents:
Reported by Bleeping Computer
thanks to Ax Sharma

DVDR_Dog

Ultimate Donator
Donator
VIP
Nov 5, 2018
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 99.0.4844.51
The are my VPN provider, @ $15 every 6 months I couldn't refuse. Since most of these VPN lease space on the same PoP's the speeds are comparable to most VPNs. That also raises the question how exactly the MPAA gathered their court evidence and what was presented. No word from TorGuard, but since it was a US court's ruling at best it's only enforceable at US PoP's, we will see. I have seen no change. Since they also included a Socks5 proxy some seem to think those are primarily the target of the ruling since they aren't completely transparent. TorGuard did go out of their way to provide instructions incorporating their client into various torrent programs (which have been taken down), it made them a target.

hacxx

VIP
May 29, 2021
OS
Windows 8.1
BR
Chrome 91.0.4472.77

Hotrod369

May 31, 2021
OS
Windows 10
BR
Chrome 98.0.4758.136
I use NORD VPN they had a really good deal. $3.30 a month for a 2-year deal. Believe it or not With it on using most nearby cities my up and down speeds are the same to a bit higher with it on. I use Real-Debrid for almost all of my torrents and don't have to worry about the MPAA. Not that it really matters though I used torrent since around 2004 with no VPN or Proxy and never got the letter. Knock on wood.

krystonmu

Mar 31, 2022
OS
Windows 10
BR
Firefox 98.0
It is critical to use a virtual private network when downloading torrents from a client like uTorrent. VPNs secure your browsing and shield you from your ISP's hammer. It's also crucial to use proxies from reputable websites, such as https://soax.com/. Several users, however, have reported issues with uTorrent and their VPN, with torrents failing to load when connected to the VPN. The most common suspects for this issue are a leaking VPN or a lack of P2P functionality. Several things can cause your VPN connection to be mistakenly disrupted, and you may not even be aware of it.

deelurker

Oct 7, 2021
OS
Windows 7
BR
Chrome 99.0.4844.82
The are my VPN provider, @ $15 every 6 months I couldn't refuse. Since most of these VPN lease space on the same PoP's the speeds are comparable to most VPNs. That also raises the question how exactly the MPAA gathered their court evidence and what was presented. No word from TorGuard, but since it was a US court's ruling at best it's only enforceable at US PoP's, we will see. I have seen no change. Since they also included a Socks5 proxy some seem to think those are primarily the target of the ruling since they aren't completely transparent. TorGuard did go out of their way to provide instructions incorporating their client into various torrent programs (which have been taken down), it made them a target.
i have been using privado about 5 months now-entry special $30 year-great speeds so far links available all over the world-have used netherlands and NYC area so far with great results-just FYI

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors