Where is this version?
You wont lose any rules that you have made, don't worry. But the Windows Firewall will be disabled so these rules will stay inactive.
(portable program) to check for services-programs etc that running automatically.
I use the recommended settings, and i have allowed only svchost.exe as far as windows processes.
usually open-source programs with good reputation are trustworthy. Just play around and in the end you ll adjust your list well, i am sure.
Has anyone had the problem of RAR coming back with an error screen, when opening the archive? I cant seem to open the zip file. I've attached a SS of the error message I've been getting. I've read through the replies here but unless I've skipped over by accident, I haven't seen anything dealing with this problem yet.
So I disabled Bitdefender(antivirus software), and made sure that windows defender stayed disabled after I shutdown Bitdefender. However, the issue persisted. Not sure what is going on. I've never had this issue before. I've had other issues in the past after installing, that I had to find work-arounds, but never unpacking the darn zip. It claims..........
"I need to check if I have enough disk space, a valid password, or that the archive is not damaged or partial."
For the record I have plenty of disk space. I also wanted to say thank you for taking the time to offer help and suggestions.
First things first th3m. Thanks for jumping in on this thread to help. Frankly if you knew (or know) my opinion of Adobe products and what I think Acrobat's worth is in 2020, you would know I would rather stick a pencil in my eye than get involved with this.There is a new update for Acrobat DC version 2020.012.20041.
Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and Standard (Continuous Track) update - All languages
Using the instructions from the previous post #82, was able to successfully update it.
If you have a working patched Acrobat already at version 2020.009.20063, to update just follow the steps 12-15-16.
(For step 15 make sure to get and install the new update from the link above.)
Taking ThumperTM's instructions and adjusting them as needed:
0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!, run advanced-scan or scan for leftovers post-uninstall)
1) Download "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" from https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883
2) Disable your internet connection
3) Add following text in your Hosts file. (Google how to edit windows hosts file if you not sure how to do that):
4) Extract archive
5) Install "Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.exe" with trial when it asks for serial
6) When installation is done, don't open!
7) Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" (Don't reboot)
8) Disable your antivirus
9) Extract "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.zip" (any location is fine)
10) Run as Administrator "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe"
11) Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32-bit) and Patch > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yy5O
12) Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll" to the desktop as backup
13) Run Acrobat, accept Terms, go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > UPDATER > uncheck Automatically install updates > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yFl8
14) Open Acrobat, if you are logged in already, make sure to logout:
16) Copy the backup file amtlib.dll (see step 12) from desktop, and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
17) Acrobat should be running now fine on v2020.009.20063
18) Enable your internet connection, your antivirus and reboot
So Adobe has moved exclusively to server-side validation? That is one tough deal to work around. Too bad Adobe was never so concerned about user's security. Isn't there alternatives to Acrobat now? Is there something unique about Adobe Acrobat anymore?I had previously tried to install this but failed to do so. I removed adobe with revo uninstaller and did an advanced scan then i proceeded to follow this guide but i got stuck at step 13). It doesn't let me do anything, just closes the program after this. I give up haha
View attachment 5330
So Adobe has moved exclusively to server-side validation? That is one tough deal to work around. Too bad Adobe was never so concerned about user's security. Isn't there alternatives to Acrobat now? Is there something unique about Adobe Acrobat anymore?
If you just want a pdf reader, you dont need anything. All modern browsers are handling pdf files and are the most secure options.
If you still need a program, check for alternatives here:
There are many alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Windows if you are looking for a replacement. The best Windows alternative is SumatraPDF, which is both free...alternativeto.net