• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hi,

Please find attached, Installation Instructions:

NOTE: You must downgrade to this version: v2020.006.20042 (version 2020.009.20063 won't work with below notes, sorry)

v2020.006.20042 - Tested and working :)
Where is this version?
Thanks

You wont lose any rules that you have made, don't worry. But the Windows Firewall will be disabled so these rules will stay inactive.
(portable program) to check for services-programs etc that running automatically.

thanks..I've started using it...if u have a min, wud be great if u post a snapshot of the programs u've allowed thru- considered safe...I know it depends on what all is installed but wud prolly help a lot as there's quite a few MS and other needed progs that are not intuitive to allow.

I use the recommended settings, and i have allowed only svchost.exe as far as windows processes.
The rest depend of the programs i am using.

My setup wont help you much, but general rule is to block everything or even better ignore things you dont know what they do. If you press the "X" button when you get the pop up, it means ignore, so next time the program tries to connect, you ll get a pop up again. This way you might understand more its behavior and what it does.

About trusting, usually open-source programs with good reputation are trustworthy. Just play around and in the end you ll adjust your list well, i am sure.

I use the recommended settings, and i have allowed only svchost.exe as far as windows processes.
usually open-source programs with good reputation are trustworthy. Just play around and in the end you ll adjust your list well, i am sure.

thanks simplewall seems much better than windows...more transparency...just hope guy who made it, doesnt decide to misuse it :))

First followed instructions in the Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063 download but I got the sign-in screen. Uninistalled using revo, restarted PC and then followed updated instructions (but installed patch AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp instead of AcrobatDCUpd2000920063.msp) and it worked.

Has anyone had the problem of RAR coming back with an error screen, when opening the archive? I cant seem to open the zip file. I've attached a SS of the error message I've been getting. I've read through the replies here but unless I've skipped over by accident, I haven't seen anything dealing with this problem yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 16
Has anyone had the problem of RAR coming back with an error screen, when opening the archive? I cant seem to open the zip file. I've attached a SS of the error message I've been getting. I've read through the replies here but unless I've skipped over by accident, I haven't seen anything dealing with this problem yet.

It is usually the case when there is a corrupt file. Try obtaining the file from the source again.

It is usually the case when there is a corrupt file. Try obtaining the file from the source again.
Unfortunately I've tried, just keep getting the same message. I even tried another RAR with the earlier 20042 version and I get the same result.

So I disabled Bitdefender(antivirus software), and made sure that windows defender stayed disabled after I shutdown Bitdefender. However, the issue persisted. Not sure what is going on. I've never had this issue before. I've had other issues in the past after installing, that I had to find work-arounds, but never unpacking the darn zip. It claims..........
"I need to check if I have enough disk space, a valid password, or that the archive is not damaged or partial."
For the record I have plenty of disk space. I also wanted to say thank you for taking the time to offer help and suggestions.

So I disabled Bitdefender(antivirus software), and made sure that windows defender stayed disabled after I shutdown Bitdefender. However, the issue persisted. Not sure what is going on. I've never had this issue before. I've had other issues in the past after installing, that I had to find work-arounds, but never unpacking the darn zip. It claims..........
"I need to check if I have enough disk space, a valid password, or that the archive is not damaged or partial."
For the record I have plenty of disk space. I also wanted to say thank you for taking the time to offer help and suggestions.

This archive is password free (unprotected), where you downloaded it from? Feel free to PM me download link, i will be happy to check it for you.

There is a new update for Acrobat DC version 2020.012.20041.

Using the instructions from the previous post #82, was able to successfully update it.

If you have a working patched Acrobat already at version 2020.009.20063, to update just follow the steps 12-15-16.

(For step 15 make sure to get and install the new update from the link above.)
First things first th3m. Thanks for jumping in on this thread to help. Frankly if you knew (or know) my opinion of Adobe products and what I think Acrobat's worth is in 2020, you would know I would rather stick a pencil in my eye than get involved with this.
I come bearing a different message. I can't help it, every time I see your handle I am reminded of the old 50's sci-fi/horror movie "Them!". This scene in particular sticks in my head:

Here's the trailer to give you a better perspective of the film:
I really love the part where the announcer is giving the stay at home order and they show a shot of a heater mistaking it for a loud speaker.

Actually I think the whole thing is rather humorous. Not too many usernames evoke anything for me, you win.
Thought I would share, that's all.

Last edited:
Actually I think the whole thing is rather humorous. Not too many usernames evoke anything for me, you win.
Thought I would share, that's all.

<3 Thanks for reminding me that i need to watch this movie! I ll reply back when i do.

Taking ThumperTM's instructions and adjusting them as needed:

Instructions:

0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!, run advanced-scan or scan for leftovers post-uninstall)
1) Download "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" from https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883
2) Disable your internet connection
3) Add following text in your Hosts file. (Google how to edit windows hosts file if you not sure how to do that):

127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

4) Extract archive
5) Install "Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.exe" with trial when it asks for serial
6) When installation is done, don't open!
7) Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" (Don't reboot)
8) Disable your antivirus
9) Extract "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.zip" (any location is fine)
10) Run as Administrator "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe"
11) Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32-bit) and Patch > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yy5O
12) Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll" to the desktop as backup
13) Run Acrobat, accept Terms, go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > UPDATER > uncheck Automatically install updates > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yFl8
14) Open Acrobat, if you are logged in already, make sure to logout: 15) Exit Acrobat and Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000920063.msp" (Don't reboot)
16) Copy the backup file amtlib.dll (see step 12) from desktop, and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
17) Acrobat should be running now fine on v2020.009.20063
18) Enable your internet connection, your antivirus and reboot
DONE!

I had previously tried to install this but failed to do so. I removed adobe with revo uninstaller and did an advanced scan then i proceeded to follow this guide but i got stuck at step 13). It doesn't let me do anything, just closes the program after this. I give up haha
1597519923276.png

I had previously tried to install this but failed to do so. I removed adobe with revo uninstaller and did an advanced scan then i proceeded to follow this guide but i got stuck at step 13). It doesn't let me do anything, just closes the program after this. I give up haha
View attachment 5330
So Adobe has moved exclusively to server-side validation? That is one tough deal to work around. Too bad Adobe was never so concerned about user's security. Isn't there alternatives to Acrobat now? Is there something unique about Adobe Acrobat anymore?

So Adobe has moved exclusively to server-side validation? That is one tough deal to work around. Too bad Adobe was never so concerned about user's security. Isn't there alternatives to Acrobat now? Is there something unique about Adobe Acrobat anymore?

Nah after a little research found out about other programs like PDFelement and some other ones but i havent really looked into it yet. There's probably plenty of other programs to replace acrobat.

I just needed a solid pdf program and the first that came to mind was acrobat haha

If you just want a pdf reader, you dont need anything. All modern browsers are handling pdf files and are the most secure options.

If you still need a program, check for alternatives here:

th3m is right! Any browser can open PDF file.

Back