• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Running 'Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063' using updated instructions with no issues!

Thank you! :D

View attachment 5312
so u first installed 0063, then downgraded to 0042 using these "https://thewindowsforum.com/threads/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-2020-009-20063.81109/#post-117218 and then how did u get back to 0063 ?
There're a bunch of tweaks that ppl have tried in posts above - not sure what's the correct sequence
...wud be good if someone posts a modified steps version that worked for 0063 being latest.

Last edited:
Taking ThumperTM's instructions and adjusting them as needed:

Instructions:

0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!, run advanced-scan or scan for leftovers post-uninstall)
1) Download "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" from https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883
2) Disable your internet connection
3) Add following text in your Hosts file. (Google how to edit windows hosts file if you not sure how to do that):

127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

4) Extract archive
5) Install "Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.exe" with trial when it asks for serial
6) When installation is done, don't open!
7) Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" (Don't reboot)
8) Disable your antivirus
9) Extract "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.zip" (any location is fine)
10) Run as Administrator "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe"
11) Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32-bit) and Patch > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yy5O
12) Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll" to the desktop as backup
13) Run Acrobat, accept Terms, go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > UPDATER > uncheck Automatically install updates > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yFl8
14) Open Acrobat, if you are logged in already, make sure to logout: 15) Exit Acrobat and Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000920063.msp" (Don't reboot)
16) Copy the backup file amtlib.dll (see step 12) from desktop, and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
17) Acrobat should be running now fine on v2020.009.20063
18) Enable your internet connection, your antivirus and reboot
DONE!

Last edited:

Instructions:

0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!)
DONE!

thanks a lot.....this will help many I'm sure...will try later and post experience

thanks a lot.....this will help many I'm sure...will try later and post experience

Good luck,

as an extra precaution i also blocked the internet traffic to those executables through windows firewall
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7\adobe_licutil.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe
this way you completely cut off internet access to the program, which i am personally fine with that.

Last edited:
Good luck,

as an extra precaution i also blocked the internet traffic to those executables through windows firewall
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe
this way you completely cut off internet access to the program though, which i am personally fine with that.

yup...this cant hurt. 2 quick questions:
1. Why do we need to login into Adobe...any reason?
2. About updating for future releases- shd. we go to https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883 adobe .MSP files- every 6 months and just do latest patch- so essentially repeating steps 11-15?

yup...this cant hurt. 2 quick questions:
1. Why do we need to login into Adobe...any reason?
2. About updating for future releases- shd. we go to https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883 adobe .MSP files- every 6 months and just do latest patch- so essentially repeating steps 11-15?

1. You don't need to login, this step is just in case you are logged in already. You need to be logged out.
step 14 is not needed if you are doing a clean installation

2. We cant be sure about the future, but you can try to do manual updates if you go to
and then perform steps 1,2,12,15,16. Check every 2 months, that's the usual release schedule.

As a side note, for example now there are currently some optional updates bumping the version to 20.009.20067, you can check them out at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Last edited:
good job,

yes it is important to to remove Adobe Acrobat completely if you have failed before. I edited the mini guide accordingly to be more clear about it.

thank you

Hi!
This did not work for me. However, I featured out a different approach.
Instead of Step 8 and 9 in "Installation Instructions Acrobat.txt" follow this:
  • Copy “adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe” to install location. Install location by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat
  • Run as Administrator "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe"
  • Select "Try to patch another product with the amtlib file (32-bit)"
This method works with version 2020.009.20063. The sign-in box should not appear anymore.

View attachment 5304 View attachment 5305

Hi.

Thanks for posting this.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me as I'm still getting the sign-in screen that I either have to login or close the application entirely.

I'll appreciate any help I can get on this as it's quite annoying.

Thanks.

Instructions:

0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!, run advanced-scan or scan for leftovers post-uninstall)
1) Download "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" from https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883
2) Disable your internet connection
3) Add following text in your Hosts file. (Google how to edit windows hosts file if you not sure how to do that):

127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

4) Extract archive
5) Install "Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.exe" with trial when it asks for serial
6) When installation is done, don't open!
7) Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" (Don't reboot)
8) Disable your antivirus
9) Extract "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.zip" (any location is fine)
10) Run as Administrator "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe"
11) Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32-bit) and Patch > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yy5O
12) Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll" to the desktop as backup
13) Run Acrobat, accept Terms, go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > UPDATER > uncheck Automatically install updates > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yFl8
14) Open Acrobat, if you are logged in already, make sure to logout: 15) Exit Acrobat and Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000920063.msp" (Don't reboot)
16) Copy the backup file amtlib.dll (see step 12) from desktop, and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
DONE!

Thank you! Worked like a charm! :D

crobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
DONE!

Ok..so wierd issue..while it was working fine all of 10 days! just today morning I got that sign in dialogue again....the only step I missed was the " I also blocked the internet traffic to those executables through windows firewall
Code:
"
- Do you think that's what caused it ? Is there any quick step to just get rid of that Adobe login screen.....when I close it, it just closes appl.!

Crazy indeed...now I guess I gotta go thru all steps again!...pls. lemme know

Last edited:
Ok..so wierd issue..while it was working fine all of 10 days! just today morning I got that sign in dialogue again....the only step I missed was the " - Do you think that's what caused it ? Is there any quick step to just get rid of that Adobe login screen.....when I close it, it just closes appl.!

Crazy indeed...now I guess I gotta go thru all steps again!...pls. lemme know

Unfortunately you need to start over.
I have no problems at all, but i have blocked all internet traffic from the program after i set it up.

Optionally i have disabled the auto update service and in general all the services related to the program which open in the background even when the program is not running.

In general is a really bad and invasive program but you can't really go without it cause, as we know, Adobe made PDF :(

Tip: Some tools that can help you control easier the internet traffic and the services of any program in your system are simplewall and autoruns.

thanks..lemme do all this again...For "Optionally i have disabled the auto update service and in general all the services related to the program which open in the background even when the program is not running. " - do u use simplewall / autorun? I guess I shd. use just one of them right? which is better?

thanks..lemme do all this again...For "Optionally i have disabled the auto update service and in general all the services related to the program which open in the background even when the program is not running. " - do u use simplewall / autorun? I guess I shd. use just one of them right? which is better?

I use both, they serve different purposes.

Simplewall is a frontend of Windows Firewall. When something tries to connect to the internet you get a pop up and you can decide to allow it or block it. (Windows Firewall can and should be disabled when you are running it)

Auroruns provides you with a list of programs and services that run on your system automatically. You just run it once (as administrator) and you can uncheck anything you don't need.

Give them a try, and ask away

I use both, they serve different purposes.

Give them a try, and ask away

Thanks a lot...crisp and clear ;)
I didnt realize that we'll need to keep simplewall running all the time and basically substitute it for win firewall- So all my prior rules in Win Firewall will still remain valid ?
I'll have to do all thsi tomorrow when done w my taxes..deadline!!

So all my prior rules in Win Firewall will still remain valid ?

You wont lose any rules that you have made, don't worry. But the Windows Firewall will be disabled so these rules will stay inactive.
Using simplewall though it will be really fast to re-create these rules on the go inside simplewall's list. Try it and you will see what i mean.

With this setup you run simplewall at all times with Windows Firewall disabled, and you run Autoruns occasionally (portable program) to check for services-programs etc that running automatically.

Back