• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

Windows 10 Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

Hi guys, been lurking for a while but figure its my time to offer some help to those folks who have trouble installing it. I probably read through every thread on this forum and i finally figured out the culprit on why the adobe install won't work.

If you've had adobe installed in the past and even if you use revo uninstaller, it will still leave traces of adobe on your machine. You might think its completely uninstalled but go ahead and check your task manager, theres adobe updater services and geniuine something program running.

Additionally, if you go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files", you'll find that there is an adobe folder that you cannot delete.

The solution is to completely get rid of this folder.

Below are the steps to do so, i actually found these instructions on adobes forum lol

1: Delete all Adobe files and folders, leaving CoreSync_x64.dll and its parent folders left (you’ve likely done this already.)

2: Go to the MS Windows start button in the lower left corner, click, and in the run field, type “msconfig” Click on msconfig, and box will launch. In the startup tab, dis-able anything to do with Adobe, particularly Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe Updater. Acrotray is also part of Adobe startup sequence, disable as well.

3: Reboot PC . Go to CoreSync_x64.dll location and you will still NOT be able to delete the file, but WILL be able to rename it. Rename it “junk” or “crap” or whatever.

4: Reboot PC again, go to CoreSync_x64.dll location, you will now be able to delete file and parent folders.

After you perform the steps above, check your task manager to see if these adobe updater services are running in the background. If they aren't there, then you are golden. Use the steps on page 4 or 5 and you'll be able to get adobe reader up and running.

Good luck!

Hi guys, been lurking for a while but figure its my time to offer some help to those folks who have trouble installing it. I probably read through every thread on this forum and i finally figured out the culprit on why the adobe install won't work.

If you've had adobe installed in the past and even if you use revo uninstaller, it will still leave traces of adobe on your machine. You might think its completely uninstalled but go ahead and check your task manager, theres adobe updater services and geniuine something program running.

Additionally, if you go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files", you'll find that there is an adobe folder that you cannot delete.

The solution is to completely get rid of this folder.

Below are the steps to do so, i actually found these instructions on adobes forum lol

1: Delete all Adobe files and folders, leaving CoreSync_x64.dll and its parent folders left (you’ve likely done this already.)

2: Go to the MS Windows start button in the lower left corner, click, and in the run field, type “msconfig” Click on msconfig, and box will launch. In the startup tab, dis-able anything to do with Adobe, particularly Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe Updater. Acrotray is also part of Adobe startup sequence, disable as well.

3: Reboot PC . Go to CoreSync_x64.dll location and you will still NOT be able to delete the file, but WILL be able to rename it. Rename it “junk” or “crap” or whatever.

4: Reboot PC again, go to CoreSync_x64.dll location, you will now be able to delete file and parent folders.

After you perform the steps above, check your task manager to see if these adobe updater services are running in the background. If they aren't there, then you are golden. Use the steps on page 4 or 5 and you'll be able to get adobe reader up and running.

Good luck!

Thank you kevthehustla!

Hi,

Please find attached, Installation Instructions:

NOTE: You must downgrade to this version: v2020.006.20042 (version 2020.009.20063 won't work with below notes, sorry)

v2020.006.20042 - Tested and working :)

Is there a link for v2020.006.20042 I cant find it on "the bay".

Thanks

Hello all,

I am new on this forum but maybe I can already contribute. I also had issues activating Adobe Acroabat 2020 Pro with the annoying activation window popping up. After some research I found a post on reddit explaining the following :

Comment by Freeman:

This is to remove the annoying “sign up and register online” bullshit that closes Acrobat DC if you don’t register:

1. MANUAL – Reset the trial:
    – open “C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AMT\application.xml” with notepad and replace
    “97484784794785748797” with
    “xxxxxxxxxxxx”
2)Registry editor:
Win+R > Regedit > go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Activation

Create a new Dword(32-bit) Value
Rename the new key by: IsAMTEnforced
then modify the value Data: 1, Base: Hexadecimal

3) hosts patch (or use check_disabled.cmd)
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Right-click hosts> open with > notepad
After last line in the host files paste the lines below

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

Save the hosts file.

*** If activation or licensing errors still occur, use the patch again for C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll

Note that I also used two software prior this which are check_disabled.cmd and amtemu.v0.9.2-painter. I also disabled the updates in preferences.

They are available on this page : https://www.iemblog.com/?p=2988&lang=en

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20043

Taking ThumperTM's instructions and adjusting them as needed:

Instructions:

0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!, run advanced-scan or scan for leftovers post-uninstall)
1) Download "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" from https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883
2) Disable your internet connection
3) Add following text in your Hosts file. (Google how to edit windows hosts file if you not sure how to do that):

127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com

4) Extract archive
5) Install "Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.exe" with trial when it asks for serial
6) When installation is done, don't open!
7) Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" (Don't reboot)
8) Disable your antivirus
9) Extract "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.zip" (any location is fine)
10) Run as Administrator "adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe"
11) Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32-bit) and Patch > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yy5O
12) Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll" to the desktop as backup
13) Run Acrobat, accept Terms, go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > UPDATER > uncheck Automatically install updates > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yFl8
14) Open Acrobat, if you are logged in already, make sure to logout: 15) Exit Acrobat and Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000920063.msp" (Don't reboot)
16) Copy the backup file amtlib.dll (see step 12) from desktop, and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
17) Acrobat should be running now fine on v2020.009.20063
18) Enable your internet connection, your antivirus and reboot
DONE!

Will this also work for more recent versions like v2020.009.20067 or v20.012.20043?

Will this also work for more recent versions like v2020.009.20067 or v20.012.20043?

It should work, check this post too and adjust the instructions for v20.012.20043.
No idea about v2020.009.20067.

Actually i have given up on this so i can not further support this thread. I have uninstalled Acrobat completely on my test pc. And no way i am installing it on my main either.

If there is a high demand i can run some tests with Windows Sandbox, but i suggest that everyone should start moving away from Acrobat Reader.

It should work, check this post too and adjust the instructions for v20.012.20043.
No idea about v2020.009.20067.

Actually i have given up on this so i can not further support this thread. I have uninstalled Acrobat completely on my test pc. And no way i am installing it on my main either.

If there is a high demand i can run some tests with Windows Sandbox, but i suggest that everyone should start moving away from Acrobat Reader.

I see.

Then which application do you recommend to use as an alternative for Adobe Acrobat?

I mostly use adobe acrobat to edit PDFs, fill (non-fillable) PDF forms, converting PDF to word, adding digital signatures etc.

Just tossing something out there. Adobe products have been the vector for so many viruses for decades.
Adobe has never seemed to care that their products are security nightmares. Just because something is easy to use doesn't make it a good application.
Seriously look at Adobe's rep in the past. Flash, FAIL and this is after Adobe was given plenty of time to fix it. Everyone's just shut off access to it. PDF's are becoming generic and that breeds yet another security hole.
Acrobat and the ghost links that basically self load viruses and other badware have been known for a very long time. How did Adobe respond? Meh. So they have been able to shoe-horn themselves into business by virtue of being around so long and users made it work (and infected many systems along the way).
Over the years I have heard some pretty weak arguments in favor of Adobe. Well let me tell you if you had to go in and clean up the enormous mess these programs leave behind you might feel differently.
You could probably say the same thing about M/S Office products as well. Look at the current Outlook address book hijack. Teenagers in Nigeria are pulling those attacks off from their phones with basically nothing getting into their way. I have seen the logs, IP addresses and the email addresses/contact info for sale to back that up not to mention the extortions to release hijacked systems.

EDIT: It looks like Adobe has declared war on the pirated versions of Acrobat. As you can see it's going to be a moving target trying to stay ahead of Adobe from this point on. If they have a group following the cracks they can stay way ahead of you. It's going to be whack-a-mole exercise so have fun if you can call that fun. If only Adobe had put that much effort into making their programs produce secure media. Here's a fine example of when you start chasing profit numbers by cutting staff to boost stock prices. Sad thing is it only works for so long. Now Adobe is trying to keep a sinking ship afloat. Do ya hear me Microsoft?
It takes a very long time to build a good reputation and only days to destroy it. They should tattoo that to some of these tech giant's foreheads. This is common sense in my book.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I had a perfectly working installation of Adobe Acrobat 11 on my PC - 11.0.20 (after update) and after a crash/reset (win10) have just tried a re-install. Things went slightly differently to the install instructions but nothing major and I managed to the install ok. I then had to run the patch from the installation folder. After a few minor difficulties and turning off Windows Defender, I ran amtemu.v0.9.1-painter.exe as admin from the installation folder as instructed but a window opened up asking for a file name! (file type amtlib.dll) Nothing in the instructions about that so I just closed the window and painter - so can anyone advise please? Is there a problem I can't fathom? Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers.

PS Whilst I've been waiting, I Googled amtemu.v0.9.1-painter which suggested the file name should also be amtlib and that I should direct the file name to that, which I did. I then tried opening Acrobat and it opened with no problem although updates hadn't changed to a painteR window so I turned them off in settings. As I'd set it up for the trial version during install, perhaps the prompt to buy/register won't come up just yet, which makes me wonder if painter really has done its job or not? How can I tell or should I be using painter v0.9.2 now? OK I'll stop mithering and go do something else for a few hours lol

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I tried something with acrobat DC installation that seems to have worked thus far. For those that are getting sign in requests / ingenuine software, I used these steps:

(I am running installation for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20043 Multilingual from FileCR)
1. uninstall using revo uninstaller & Delete registry keys
2. DISCONNECT INTERNET AND REBOOT
3. turn off / disable all adobe genuine software checkers BEFORE attempting install
- go to task scheduler
- disable Adobe Acrobat update task in Task Scheduler
- disable AdobeGCInvoker in Task Scheduler
- go to services
- disable adobe acrobat update service
- disable adobe genuine monitor service
- disable adobe genuine software integrity service

4. open task manager and end adobe genuine software integrity service, AND adobe genuine software service (if it is on. see pic below)
5. Finally I began installation (using trial mode, NOT serial key mode), applied the latest update
6. I copied Amtemu into the acrobat directory, and applied the crack from there
7. opened the hosts file at windows>system32>drivers>etc and made sure the hosts file had been updated (you can use the hosts listed in your previous instructions)
8. finally started acrobat pro dc and turned off the updater in the preferences as well.

I think the crucial step was to do everything I highlighted in bold. I installed it a few hours ago and reconnected my internet, so far no messages.

Please post feedback on if it works or not to help others. Good luck!

image-2.png

I see.

Then which application do you recommend to use as an alternative for Adobe Acrobat?

I mostly use adobe acrobat to edit PDFs, fill (non-fillable) PDF forms, converting PDF to word, adding digital signatures etc.

sorry for the late reply, busy with work lately.
I don't use pdf files that heavily. But when i need something to be done with editing i use inkscape.

also https://alternativeto.net/ is a great source to find alternative programs for anything

Instructions:

0) If you have any older Acrobat version (or any not working version), first you need to uninstall it, i used Revo uninstaller. After you remove all Acrobat files you need to reboot your PC. (It is important to use a specific uninstaller like Revo or BCUninstaller to remove all traces of Acrobat!, run advanced-scan or scan for leftovers post-uninstall)
1) Download "AcrobatDCUpd2000620042.msp" from https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6883
3) Add following text in your Hosts file. (Google how to edit windows hosts file if you not sure how to do that):

4) Extract archive
11) Select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 (32-bit) and Patch > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yy5O
12) Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\amtlib.dll" to the desktop as backup
13) Run Acrobat, accept Terms, go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > UPDATER > uncheck Automatically install updates > Screenshot: https://imgsaver.com/image/yFl8
14) Open Acrobat, if you are logged in already, make sure to logout: 15) Exit Acrobat and Install "AcrobatDCUpd2000920063.msp" (Don't reboot)
16) Copy the backup file amtlib.dll (see step 12) from desktop, and paste it at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" (Click yes to replace the file)
DONE!
I cannot even express how grateful I am to you! Thank you so much, it worked perfectly for me!

Hi,

Please find attached, Installation Instructions:

NOTE: You must downgrade to this version: v2020.006.20042 (version 2020.009.20063 won't work with below notes, sorry)

v2020.006.20042 - Tested and working :)
Thank u very much:):)

Hello all,

I am new on this forum but maybe I can already contribute. I also had issues activating Adobe Acroabat 2020 Pro with the annoying activation window popping up. After some research I found a post on reddit explaining the following :

Note that I also used two software prior this which are check_disabled.cmd and amtemu.v0.9.2-painter. I also disabled the updates in preferences.

THIS!
Worked perfectly with my version 2020.009.20063.
Thank you!

Hello there. I installed Adobe Acrobat PRO DC 2020.009.20063 . I used the patch file which was included in the download but when I open it asked for Adobe ID . When I didn't enter the adobe ID it closed the adobe interface closely, so when i entered new adobe ID, it says, i have 5 days left of trial.

I followed all the instructions included on the read me file.

Please suggest.
Hello Dolores,
I had the same issue just yesterday. What I did to remedy it, was to completely uninstall Adobe, then purge my system registry using the WinUtilities application (free to download). I then reinstalled Adobe using the below instructions:
1) Stop the application if started
2) Install application Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI and do not reboot
3) Install AcrobatDCUpd1901020098
4) Close Adobe Acrobat then disable your antivirus
5) Extract activation.rar and copy patch in to installation directory
6) Run adobe.snr.patch.v2.0-painter.exe as administrator
7) Enable your antivirus
DONE!

Instructions:

4) Extract archive
DONE!

Thanks a ton th3m for these instructions. Followed it to the letter and so far it's working like a charm.

shout out to Thumper also for sharing. You folks are the best!

This is the only solution that worked for me. Thank you.

Hello all,

This is the only solution that worked for me. Thank you.
After a look at all of the fixes presented in this thread it looks like getting Acrobat to work is dependant on what other Adobe products you have already installed. My own observations agree with that.
A Huge Thanks To All the Contributed To This Thread. You Folks Are Great And Contribute To Keeping This Board Rocking!

So it's pretty much trial and error. If all else fails run the program as a VM or keep it as a solitary Adobe install in fresh copy of Windows if you absolutely positively have to run it.

Back